Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Say "Hey"!

I'm an older car guy and currently have a 2006 Eclipse Gt with only 30K miles on it. It runs strong for what it is but wish to ad a Nitrous system before too long (Cheap power only when needed or wanted). Although the science remains a constant, the last NOS postings I've searched here are 10 years old. Anything new? Give me a "Heads up' if you're knowledgeable of anything I should be aware of before I proceed.

I should mention I also had a 2008 Spyder GT for two weeks when it was run over and totaled by a 4X4 while I was in the Barber shop.

Over the years I've had a ZR-1 Corvette, an Austin Healey Replica with a Chevy 350 in it and a bunch of other cars.

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2006+2007 GT
6,058 Posts
Not much is new, but if you read anything about modules being made on here to translate the tach signal, that's long out of date. Those haven't been made in a long time.

Tuning wise, Fastworks is definitely the route.

Oh, and supercharger kits haven't been a thing since a guy didn't realize that not using clamps on fuel lines could lead to then slipping off, and he tried to go after RIPP for his car being burned out.

No word on GT Turbo kits, or even just manifolds. They suck to do

·
Super Moderator
341 Posts
Timing belt. I love finding new threads of people that have owned or want to own a 4g. TIMING BELT is a MUST to replace.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have no intentions of putting this on the track. It's for street use only and I don't want to get into superchargers or turbo because of the cost and time expenditures. I never used nitrous before and it seems economical for the occasional heavy acceleration runs. I further read that on the 3.8 L engine one must use a wet system because a return fuel line is required. Will someone explain this to me in a little more detail? Thanks, Jim

·
2,510 Posts
I have no intentions of putting this on the track. It's for street use only and I don't want to get into superchargers or turbo because of the cost and time expenditures. I never used nitrous before and it seems economical for the occasional heavy acceleration runs. I further read that on the 3.8 L engine one must use a wet system because a return fuel line is required. Will someone explain this to me in a little more detail? Thanks, Jim
Don’t use nitrous on the street

Go bolt on mods like intake, exhaust, ECU tune, suspension, etc

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay...nos seemed like a real cost efficient way to gain a 100+ or minus horses, but, I just researched enough to learn that it's unlawful to have it connected while driving on public roads throughout many States, including where I live in Pennsylvania. Fines are stupendously high, with States bolstering Federal guidelines & EPA regulations and even impounding such vehicles. Okay, the State wins and I don't want to go through the expense and labor of Turbo or Supercharging. Maybe I'll sell it and start over doing my research first before buying something.

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2006+2007 GT
6,058 Posts
C5 corvettes are down in price, and a very promising NA build for your power levels. Genesis 2L coupes are a good way to go, as they're factory turbo, decently light, and RWD. They'll get around 400hp with daily driver safety with fairly simple upgrades

As for the nitrous, let's say you DID run it... You don't need a full return fuel system. You just tee off the fuel line before it reaches the rails.

The reason you run a wet system is for safety. Dry shots aren't good on anything, and are difficult to tune for unless you have a standalone ECU that triggers the nitrous, otherwise, it has a very hard time knowing it's there. So by doing a wet shot, every time you press the button, you automatically have the fuel in the airmass with the nitrous already. That prevents it from leaning out, or from you needing an ECU with a nitrous switch input so it knows when to add the extra fuel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts