Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am new to the car scene and obviously new to the forums. I joined because I don't have many friends who are car people so I was hoping I could meet new people here. Also, I am in college and fairly new to the car scene so I'm always looking for events to attend and ways to get involved. I am currently working on baby mods for my car and looking for sponsorships because as I said, I'm in college and money is tight. If anyone has any suggestions or could help me out at all please reply or message me. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome to the club!

Unless yours is a 2009+ with under 105k miles, make sure you get the timing belt done ASAP. Like, before any modding
I have an 06 with 114xxx km I don't think I have had mine down should I get that done right away is what your saying?

·
Gamer
211 Posts
The timing belt is the heart of our engines. That brakes well you will need a rebuild or a new engine. I got mine done at fire stone for 450$

·
Registered
28 Posts
They're not going to destroy the engine, but sure. If theyre original they're probably pretty rough anyway
I get all my service and work done by Nissan cause of my family and the Mitsu Dealer is a joke where I live. They quoted me 1260 CAD to get my timing belt done... that sounds ridiculous compared to the guy who had his done for 450$.

Does this quote sound reasonable to you guys?

·
Registered
749 Posts
It's about a 7 hr job. Parts are cheap it's the labor that will jack up the price.

Also realize that if the job isn't done correctly then it'll be about 7k-10k to fix. You can look around to see who will give you a cheaper quote but don't be surprised if there isn't much of a difference in price.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just got a quote done and it's only 500$ much better then 1200$.

Thanks guys and sorry for goin off topic on this new member thread.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts