Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya,

New Member to the Forum, online people call me Noct. I'm fairly new to the car enthusiast scene as a whole. I actually bought my '06 Eclipse (Ellie) before I really got hooked on having a cool car and being interested in modding too much, but a friend took me to a car meet and we did some spirited runs on a few mountain roads and that was that.

So I'm a total noob to car modding and maintenance. That's how I ended up on this site. I was researching about suspension and wheels and what not.

This is my car, Ellie

Pretty Much totally stock and she has a few dings and scrapes from the previous owner. I just put on some Megan Racing Springs myself to lower her ride height and get rid of the huge wheel gap from factory. Also to give myself a decent increase in handling. And she does have different than stock tires but they are nothing noteworthy, just the cheapest possible replacement done as regular maintenance at a tire shop.

Next up on the list is new lights, wheels, and tires. It looks like someone scraped the back right side of the car and actually cracked the right tail light casing, so instead of just replacing the casing I'm going to go ahead and get LEDs to just upgrade and fix it at the same time. I wouldn't be so concerned with the lights if it wasn't broken.

If I get to the dream version of this car, the vision is that she's vinyl wrapped a neat blue, wide body (hopefully rocket bunny), and supercharged. And everything in between that. wheels, new brakes, tires, lights, new seats and all that. Obviously that's a long way out but that's the idea. Maybe a wing on the back just to ensure I'm a ricer.

Good to meet you all

·
Registered
257 Posts
Its clean man. Just a shade darker of mine when it was stock. It took me about 3 years to make this car have a body kit. Engine and tranny swap, custom painted engine, and custom midnight blue paint, with full bolt ons and so much more.i have my supercharger Im waiting to install. Just need a few more things. Already got my stage 4 6 puck in so just a few more steps. My point is, im a college student paying for this myself. I do the work myself with a friend who has been teaching me EVERYTHING. These cars are awesome and you will love making it special. Check out autocityimports as they have a good amount of aftermarket and references for parts. Labor KILLS you when it comes to having a shop installing parts so. WTTC!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
Welcome to the club! There is a wealth of information put here by a ton of members. When i first got my 4g i trolled this site for hours every night learning. Check out our site for some aftermarket parts and "how too" videos!

www.autocityimports.com

·
F.N.G.
110 Posts
If you put on LED tail lights, talk to some of the guys around here first. I'm pretty sure our cars require a load resistor to keep from having trouble with cruise control and TPS after installing those lights (crazy huh). Nutty Mitsubishi ECU sensor stuff apparently. Don't take my word as Gospel though, several other members have upgraded to LED and can tell you what exactly you'll need. Nice 4G bro. Welcome to the community.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you put on LED tail lights, talk to some of the guys around here first. I'm pretty sure our cars require a load resistor to keep from having trouble with cruise control and TPS after installing those lights (crazy huh). Nutty Mitsubishi ECU sensor stuff apparently. Don't take my word as Gospel though, several other members have upgraded to LED and can tell you what exactly you'll need. Nice 4G bro. Welcome to the community.
I'll keep that in mind. I don't know when exactly but I already know I'm going to be getting Spec-D Halo Projectors which I've seen alot of other people running now so If I have issues I'm sure someone can help me figure it out. Personally I'd probably never notice a problem with cruise control to begin with because I never use it, so I'd never even know it was a problem haha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts