Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I’m new here, I found the forum when I was looking for a way to fix my dash shrinking/peeling situation from the winter (thanks midwest). I have a 2012 Eclipse Spyder GS Sport in Sunset (my parents thought it was fitting as I’m a redhead), which is mostly stock, other than my stereo (Pioneer AVH-1330NEX), which I highly recommend, mostly due to CarPlay, and I have a Kenwood backup camera. I’m really interested by all of the mods on here and how creative and knowledgeable you guys are about the car. I’m really just here to learn and share my experiences since this is my first car and I’ve had her for almost 3 years. Thank you guys!

·
140whp+15.72%= 162hp
407 Posts
Welcome!! I have driven a variety of vehicles but just like you two the 4G Eclipse was also my first car. So what are your plans for your car? Are you up to date on maintenance? First thing we all express concern at is a complete timing belt job with all related components.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome!! I have driven a variety of vehicles but just like you two the 4G Eclipse was also my first car. So what are your plans for your car? Are you up to date on maintenance? First thing we all express concern at is a complete timing belt job with all related components.
Yes! One of my dad’s close friends is a mechanic and he always checks everything out when I get oil changes with him. At the moment my car is in the shop getting repairs from an accident and apparently the windows wouldn’t go up when the technicians there tried to roll them back up. Not sure if anyone else has had that issue but it hasn’t ever happened to me before.

·
140whp+15.72%= 162hp
407 Posts
My knowledge comes from my own experiences and i have not come to have that problem. Sabre or Pcfreak know more on what could that be. Feel free to PM them or wait abit and they'll definately point to the right direction.

·
2,312 Posts
Yes! One of my dad’s close friends is a mechanic and he always checks everything out when I get oil changes with him. At the moment my car is in the shop getting repairs from an accident and apparently the windows wouldn’t go up when the technicians there tried to roll them back up. Not sure if anyone else has had that issue but it hasn’t ever happened to me before.
Window reset after battery disconnect requires rolling the window all the way down and hold it, releasing, then holding the button down again for 5-10 seconds, now release and roll it up and hold it, then release and then hold it up again for 5-10 seconds or until you hear the click

Do both sides, usually u can do them together at the same time

·
140whp+15.72%= 162hp
407 Posts
Im not sure if the window reset is her problem cause she mentioned an accident. Besides i just roll them up all the way, let go of the button then lift it again til i hear a click and let go. That resets it for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im not sure if the window reset is her problem cause she mentioned an accident. Besides i just roll them up all the way, let go of the button then lift it again til i hear a click and let go. That resets it for me.
Yup that works
You guys are gonna laugh. The geniuses at the auto body shop (not my usual mechanic) didn’t realize they locked the windows. The glass guy came to replace the windshield and put the top down and everyone freaked out over the windows going down because they “wouldn’t go back up” and the guy told them the windows worked just fine, they were just locked. I was worried I would have to pay to fix them but all is well! Thanks for the suggestions though, if it ever happens for real, I’ll try those out!

·
F.N.G.
109 Posts
Welcome Linz!
You mentioned dash peeling, do you mean where the seam between the two halves of the dash come apart and kind of "warp" that way?
If so, it's a common problem anyone who didn't take their Eclipse in for the recall has. I'm dealing with it myself, since my nearest dealership is 200+ miles away, in Memphis.
I'll be trying to repair mine this summer, watch my restoration log over in the Interior section of the forums.

·
F.N.G.
109 Posts
Oh, and DON'T use glue. Lots of people have tried that and it doesn't work and leaves a mess to deal with. I'm going to try some reinforced trim guard someone on here recommended, it looks promising but I think I'll have to take the dash apart to really do it right.

·
2,312 Posts
Oh, and DON'T use glue. Lots of people have tried that and it doesn't work and leaves a mess to deal with. I'm going to try some reinforced trim guard someone on here recommended, it looks promising but I think I'll have to take the dash apart to really do it right.
Hobby super glue worked for me

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hobby super glue worked for me
Which brand of hobby super glue did you use? Also what is the best way to get it to stretch back? My dash has quite a bit of shrinkage from being outside the past two winters so I’ll probably have to wait till spring regardless.

·
2,312 Posts
Which brand of hobby super glue did you use? Also what is the best way to get it to stretch back? My dash has quite a bit of shrinkage from being outside the past two winters so I’ll probably have to wait till spring regardless.
Just something my hobby shop had, basically it’s the less watered down formulation and it dries super fast!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just something my hobby shop had, basically it’s the less watered down formulation and it dries super fast!
So something like an Epoxy? I was clearing the snow off my windshield and noticed the dash lifted off more over the last couple of months :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts