Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

New member here as I just picked up a 2008 Eclipse Spyder GT-P in black with the manual.
This is a dream car for me and am loving it so far.

I have a to do list that I am working on as I read through the forums:
  1. Schedule a timing belt replacement. The car only has 54,000 kms but due to the age of the car I think it's worthwhile. Throw in an oil and filter change.
  2. Learn about maintenance of a convertible. First one for me.
Thanks for this excellent set of resources!

·
2,891 Posts
+1 on that timing belt change and other maintenance!
Yes age kills the belt just as much as mileage

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the club!

What are your plans for the car other than maintenance?
Taking stock of what the car needs at this point.

Basics:
I don't think it has bluetooth so I need a bluetooth fm transmitter.
No cupholders in the back. Will look for something that rests in between the rear seats.

Wheels:
Some rash on the rear driver wheel. Will look into getting it refinished.

Tires:
Summers are still good
Need winters. I may get flack for driving this in the winter but I live in Winnipeg and it's winter 9 months out of the year!

Mods:
Not sure yet. Want to live with it for a while and see what I like/dislike

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,658 Posts
Correct, no Bluetooth. But you can add aux input fairly easily if it's the Rockford Fosgate stereo (the one with a subwoofer).

And winter drive it all you'd like. The open dif is the limiting factor, however. But the GT has all that nose weight, and an axle carrier to help split torque more evenly. So it should still be decent. I never drove either of my GT in proper snow, but have in my GS when it was stock. It still did well. The one time I couldn't get up a hill, I backed up, and all was good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Taking stock of what the car needs at this point.

Basics:
I don't think it has bluetooth so I need a bluetooth fm transmitter.
No cupholders in the back. Will look for something that rests in between the rear seats.

Wheels:
Some rash on the rear driver wheel. Will look into getting it refinished.

Tires:
Summers are still good
Need winters. I may get flack for driving this in the winter but I live in Winnipeg and it's winter 9 months out of the year!

Mods:
Not sure yet. Want to live with it for a while and see what I like/dislike View attachment 102504
I like it so much! Your car looks really good! I just curios about licence plate. Looks also so good. Is this real plate?or maybe adhesive replica plate? Because I looking something for my car.

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,658 Posts
I like it so much! Your car looks really good! I just curios about licence plate. Looks also so good. Is this real plate?or maybe adhesive replica plate? Because I looking something for my car.
Manitoba is a province in Canada, similar to a state in concept. And that's just a regular plate on a stock plate mount from the looks of things.

Some states allow for adhesive replica plates, I think California is one of them. Check with your local laws and see what you can get away with.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Manitoba is a province in Canada, similar to a state in concept. And that's just a regular plate on a stock plate mount from the looks of things.

Some states allow for adhesive replica plates, I think California is one of them. Check with your local laws and see what you can get away with.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks good really. Yes in some states it is possible. My friend just ordered costume adhesive license plate. Also great idea I think. Because no need to make any holes. But against depends of state. I think about it too. Because also looks good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts