Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Club4G Admin
5,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*** New Member Forum Rules ***

The purpose of this forum is to allow new users to ask questions or talk about their cars, the club, the board, or any other related topic while becoming acclimated to the environment.

If at any time you experience problems, please notify one of the Moderators. Other than that, browse the site, and check out our Gallery of local members.

Within this New Members forum, feel free to ask questions! We are very excited to have you here!

You, as an experienced member, will have the opportunity to answer questions for the new members, greet them, etc. You WILL NOT, however, flame them or act in a condescending manner towards them.

Thank you,
Club4G Management Team

·
The dick of JUSTICE
3,088 Posts
This is a list of rules compiled by our regular members (1000+ posts) for our new members. Most of these rules apply in one form or another to every forum on the internet. We have no power and are all talk, but defiance is guaranteed to get you flamed and called childish names. Remember, some of us have been dealing with this crap on forums as long as you've been alive. Don't be surprised it pisses us off.

1. Search before you post!! We don't need 5 threads about the same gas tank recall! This includes "Which is the best exhaust", "Which is better? SRI or CAI?", "Will this ebay/performance "chip" make my car faster?" or "Why doesn't my car go faster then 135mph/217kph?"

2. Premiums rule, normies drool, so donate to the site we all love. The link is at the top in green and all donations result in added perks.

3. We can sometimes come off as dicks. It's called honesty and we're not going to hide the truth from you to spare your feelings. You're all grown up so take it like a man/woman.

4. English Only. No engrish, crazy Mexican, binary or l337 (except in designated areas). It amazes me how many people don't know what a comma or period is. Your illiterate ramblings and grammatical genocide make you sound like the drooler in the back of the short bus.

5. Engine swaps and drive train conversions are a waste of money, PERIOD! CANBUS, look it up then buy a Honda (but not a new one, same problems :lol:).

6. E-bay auto parts are total crap and often scams. Don't support the sellers and their garbage. SOME are legit but generally dealing auto parts on E-bay is a bad idea. You can run parts by us (links) but make sure you follow Rule #1. Electric superchargers and other intake bullshit has been covered to nausea.

7. This is a mainly performance oriented forum. If your car is riced out to the max we will probably not respect you. Yes, most will laugh and make fun of you. Get used to it because it's going to happen a lot. This includes: 19"+ rims, chrome, aluminum wings, most universal parts, vinyl, neons, huge mufflers, outrageous body kits, LCD headrests, more them 1000w of audio power, etc.

8. If we tell you something is a bad idea/buy you should take our advice and years of experience seriously. We don't agree on everything, but when we do you better listen. Most shops will call you a genius and do your every command to put their kids through college. "Dual exhaust 4cyl? Brilliant, 20hp easy! That'll be $1000"

9. Parts failing under warranty are GOOD. It means you've found the 1% of parts that are not up to spec and they get fixed for free. If we hear something like this: "Brand new car and my door handle breaks off?!! I'm not buying a Mitsubishi again!" you will be flamed.

10. All moderators are volunteers and we love them. You mess with one of us; you mess with all of us.

11. Don't feed the trolls

12. Street racing is illegal, childish and EXTREMELY negligent, despite what you may think. Do not expect sympathy from us when you were obviously breaking the law and got caught. Most of us support local law enforcement efforts to reduce it. Thanks for the videos, they make it easier for your local police to track you down.

13. Since this is a Mitsubishi forum we'll mostly talk Mitsubishi. Don't be surprised when you start asking highly technical questions about other vehicles and the smart asses come out. Likely we don't know and we don't care.

14. If you throw a CEL/SES and want help, we need the code. Get it scanned or buy a scan tool before posting.
User: "I threw a code yesterday. Anyone know what it is?"
Me: "It's your ABS system. Buy new brakes."
User: "But my engine is running rough"
Me: "Cylinder 5 misfire. Buy a new engine"
User: "I only have 4 cylinders"
Me: "Ghosts!... in your engine block. Call an exorcist"

15. Check the date of threads you've pulled out of a search before posting. 3 months+ = dead and likely the person who made it is dead too. I'll concede that some threads never die, but most get buried pretty fast.

16. (annuled) Stop linking to Club 4G Eclipse. They are extremely ban happy over there and a huge number of people on .org can't post or see your links. We far exceed them on technical info anyways. That site is pathetic and run by a crook for profit. Move on so this community can move on too. Edit: Ding dong the bitch is dead. Adios .com

17. Learn how to use your digital cameras and turf the fucking cellphones. Your camera has a dual position shutter button that's used to focus on the object first, then take your shot. Here are some good tips for the hopeless: Basic digital camera tips. Blurry photos make baby Jesus cry and the rest of us pissed off.

18. It is possible to delete your own posts as long as they're not the first one in the thread. It's a big button in the post called "Edit". So stop asking the mods to do it for you and making posts with just "Delete".

19. Stop asking to be banned. Just gtfo and save us all from your obvious social failure.

20. Don't feed the whores either.

21. Godwin's Law is observed here.

22. Completely fill out your profile.
Let me know if you guys have any other suggestions or important points that need adding.

·
♥♣J-Hu$tle♣♠
5,563 Posts
And all normies are fail, premium or your a queer!

Reactions: Asian Cracker

·
Queen Goon
20,437 Posts
This is a list of rules compiled by our regular users (1000+ posts). These are basically guidelines since we have no power and are all talk. They are guaranteed to get you flamed and called childish names. Remember, some of us have been dealing with this crap on forums as long as you've been alive. Don't be surprised it pisses us off. Ah BBS, my old love.

1. We can sometimes come off as dicks. It's called honesty and we're not going to hide the truth from you to spare your feelings. You're all grown up so take it like a man/woman. If you're 15 or younger we're sorry.

2. Engine swaps are a waste of money, PERIOD!

3. E-bay auto parts are total crap. Don't support the sellers and their garbage.

4. This is a mainly performance oriented forum. If your car is riced out we will not respect you. Yes, we will laugh and make fun of you.

5. If we tell you something is a bad idea/buy you should take our professional advice and not do/buy it. Shops will tell you it's a great idea and lick your pussy to put their kids through college. We're more honest.

6. Parts failing under warranty are GOOD. It means you've found the 1% of parts that are not up to spec and they get fixed for free. If we hear something like this: "Brand new car and my door handle breaks off?!! I'm not buying a Mitsubishi again!" we will flame you, a lot.

7. All moderators are volunteers and we love them. You mess with one of us; you mess with all of us.

8. Don't feed the trolls and Lawrence

Let me know if you guys have any other suggestions and I'll add them.

Fixed.

Oh and NO POSTING UGLY Scary pictures of chicks...

/twitch

·
What Drives You?
9,369 Posts
It's all Asian_Cracker's fault. :fawk:

But seriously... good call with this post! Can't give you e-rep just yet... but you hit the nail on the head, man! :twothumb:

·
Aviator
8,833 Posts
13. This is an english speaking forum. Side conversations to your buddies in a language other than english will get you flamed and/or banned.

·
Aviator
8,833 Posts
14. Intakes/exhaust systems are a matter of personal preference. DO NOT come in here asking which one is the best one. Search and find the one that suits YOU

·
Aviator
8,833 Posts
15. Nobody cares about the time you got busted for street racing. Street racing is illegal despite what you may think. Do not expect sympathy from us when you were obviously breaking the law.

·
What Drives You?
9,369 Posts
16. Take time to read the various forum rules, and observe them. Specifically: OT, Lounge and For Sale forums. Inappropriately placed posts will get you negative rep, and spam will get you banned.

·
SOMEONE HAD TO BUY A GS..
2,681 Posts
Dont tell us about the time you went 100+ mph and either

a) got busted and got a massive ticket

b) something on your car didnt work right and you dont understand why (brakes for instance)

1 - 20 of 101 Posts