Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
666 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Sabertooth^2 
#1 ·
Hey new comer here, i just got an eclipse 07 for free, and its basically mint too at 57k miles, a good deal in my opinion, and i just wanted to know if i can get this little slug to 200hp, or atleast like 180whp or something because imo its pretty slow, bordering prius power at like 130whp, but i have been looking through the guides these past weeks and know the basics like the intake, exhaust, headers, gt throttle body, AEM F/IC, and dyno tunes, but i have a couple of questions, like what kind of other upgrades do i need to have other than the ones listed in the guides to get it to 200whp. Also i wanted to know what kind of power the 4(??) speed auto transmission can handle, ive heard some info that it can handle up to 240whp, but i also read on some threads that it can only handle less than 200whp, just wanted to get some clarification on that. alright guys looking forwards to becoming part of this community

#2 ·
Is it up to all maintenance? Timing belt? Spark plugs, air filter, oil, filter, coolant, trans fluid, brake fluid, power steering fluid, brake pads, rotors, tires, serpentine belt, battery

Full system code scan and no codes?

Timing belt is a must
If you’re good there, first power mods to a GS Auto (I have one) is the RRE header, and the Fastworks tune

#5 ·
The FI/C stuff is generally pre-dating fastworks existing. Flashing the factory ecu will give better results. Talk to Alex in the link below to get a tune

https://m.facebook.com/alex.kazmirchuk?tsid=0.8376426909736829&source=result

To hit 170whp NA on that auto trans is gonna be intake, header, exhaust, underdrive pulley. To pass that, you'll be looking at modifying a 4G63 intake manifold, a custom cam, and hoping it makes it that far. Both will hurt fuel economy. Alternatively, you could add a turbo. Alex also sells T3 flanged exhaust manifolds.

Overall though, it's the slowest starting point, and second heaviest option generally of the platform. It won't ever be lightning fast

#9 ·
If you can change a cam, you're more than qualified to add a turbo.

I'm a big advocate of turbo GS, it's why I built one.

That said, it you're staying under 300hp, and cornering ability or fuel economy aren't concerns, GT is the way to go. It'll out launch a GS typically as well due to the same properties that make them terrible in corners

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.