Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 4g Eclipse with the aftermarket projector headlights already in, and a bulb went out so I figured I'll replace them all! well after changing out 3 of the 4 bulbs, I notice the passenger side high-beam is missing the housing retainer (little metal clip that holds them in) and I have looked all over the internet to find a replacement and have had no luck! Has this happened to you? Where could I buy a replacement or what could I use to substitute the retainer for the time being?
I also planning on replacing all four ballast because one went out. Then I don't have to mess with anything headlight related for at least a year.. hopefully, I was wondering what kind of ballast you guys are using and how long has it lasted you? Someone had told me DDMtuning had good quality ballast, but they're $8 a piece... Is that to good to be true? I need a 12v 35w ballast.
Here's a link to the ballast -http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Replacement-35W-HID-Ballast

·
1,970 Posts
Stop bumping old threads about this please

The FSM is on tearstone

Changing a light bulb is probably even in the owners manual

·
1,970 Posts
Can’t get the headlight bulb out of my one housing either it’s just stuck damn good, it’s a TYC replacement headlight with regular Sylvania bulb

·
Registered
26 Posts
feels like there's a clip around it to me..

I can turn VERY slightly the silver box & light together but there's some ring around it that moves easier.. just can't see any docs about any retaining clip.

·
Registered
26 Posts
holy cow it's easier than that! just pull out slightly off the bottom where the wire harness is

1 - 9 of 9 Posts