Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Oldmemory749 
#1 · (Edited)
I just wanted to share my experience with the club so far.

-Learned how to install AUX cable. Bought it for $16 CAD off ebay and successfully installed it. I drew my cord out to the driver side and tucked everything in nicely. cord is long enough to reach driver side door where I have my phone holder on the little window and long enough to reach passenger side.

-My car was GT-P.

-9 speakers mystery. I only counted 6 plus sub, so 7 in total. Found out they count door speaker as 2. I still don't understand why they count that as two. Why put a speaker inside a speaker?

-I had 17" wheel all this time when it was supposed to come with 18". Now I am searching everywhere for OEM 18" though I like the look of 17" as painted black.

-I'm supposed to (?) have two 12v outlet. Some said after 2007, they took it out. I have one by climate control and nothing inside center compartment. Just a black plastic circle cover. Will pop it this week and see if everything is prewired so I can install 2nd 12v outlet.

-Found owners manual online. My owners manual in my car was in French for some reason. I could not read any so only looked at pictures to figure out what it was saying. Now I printed off entire English version and read all of it.

-I found out that I was missing a left side Front Axle No.1 Crossmember nut and bushing. uh...yea I didn't have it. Found out while reading service manual under my car. Went to autowrecker, yanked it out and installed it.

-I was missing more things. No front air guides, undercovers, wheel covers, seat rail cover, nuts and bushing here and there, etc. Yea...I drove it like this for over a year all happy gogo. Again, went to autowrecker and yanked everything out and replaced.

-My speedo was off by 10km/hr +. Didn't even know why and didn't try to fix it when I got the car. Now I know it may be due to the 17" rim.

-There are so many mods I can do to my car to enhance the look or performance. Im not a car guy. My car came with an aftermarket exhaust, black aftermarket spoilers, black rims and blue painted calipers.

-I had auto dim rear view mirror. I clicked it once and it went dark.

-I can adjust my seat up and down as well, not only forward and backwards. When I got the car, it had this bar on the side. Didn't even know what it was.

-My car had warranty. (or what's left of it). My car has deep rumbling and grinding noise coming when I steer right only and accelerating. Thankfully, I still have powertrain warranty and I am going in tmr to get it checked out.

-TPMS problem are common I guess. You only have two options. Pay couple hundred dollars to fix it or but a black tape over it. I hate how my car has check engine light for P0421/31 and TPMS light, but I guess I have to live with it now.

There are few more but I can't remember them at the moment. I feel bad as I've only learned things but have not contributed in anything thus far. Hopefully when I figure something out, I can start helping out other members.

See less See more
#2 ·
-I'm supposed to (?) have two 12v outlet. Some said after 2007, they took it out. I have one by climate control and nothing inside center compartment. Just a black plastic circle cover. Will pop it this week and see if everything is prewired so I can install 2nd 12v outlet. Hope it doesn't drain battery
=Didn't even know.

It's pre-wired on all of them, so you only need the plug. Pull one from a junkyard. Take everything out of the center console, and you'll see a spot on the front of the floor plate that looks like you can pull up on it. Try, and if it pulls up you don't need to remove anything else to install the 12v plug. If it doesn't want to go without breaking, look at my guide on adjusting the e brake cable, it shows how to remove it the long way

-My speedo was off by 10km/hr +. Didn't even know why and didn't try to fix it when I got the car. Now I know it may be due to the 17" rim I have. If not whatever. At least it puts me at ease that many people had same questions about our cars.
=Didn't even know.

What's your tire size? The rim doesn't matter, it's all about overall diameter. If you're running too small a sidewall, it'll read high. Too big, it'll read low

-The forum is still alive! Most of the post were far back from 2010 and up. Not many posts from 2017 or 2016 so I though all these guys are either too old now or moved on to their next car. But nowadays, I still see people joining the club and some posts here and there and that makes me happy.
=It's alive!

These cars are finding their second/third life with new owners in masses now, so it's awesome.

I'm glad you're having a good time here!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.