Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well......to this platform at least. :wavey: Previous 3g owner and headed up to Cinci in the am to pick up my "NEW" 4g. Took me a little while to convince myself to switch to a 4g after trying to replace my beloved 3g (lost in a divorce as she was used as a bargaining chip) Huge blow to me.....I loved her! But upon looking I fell in love with a 2011 GT Spyder....so here's to hoping all goes well tomorrow and she's as pretty in real life as she looks on the computer screen! I have a set of 19" wheels that I had on the 3g that I am "told" will fit on the new 4g......which is pretty cool......now to decide if I wanna drop her a few inches or keep her stock height and lose the low pro tires......decisions, decisions......:scratch: Anywho! Any "insider tips" are greatly appreciated. Used to be a member of Club3g.......been years since I have used a forum like this.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Plenty of great insider tips throughout this site, welcome to the Club and congrats on the new 4G. Post pics once you get it home!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here she is!! I’ve had the stock taillights and headlights smoked since bringing her home. She goes this week to be dropped a few inches and her new wheels put on. She’s a bit dirty today but I wanted some before pics

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
332 Posts
Damn, I can't wait to replace my top to black. I LOVE the way black looks on any color of our cars, and from what I've seen, they're fairly easy to replace. Looks to be just a bunch of rivets and screws. I'll be replacing mine this coming summer, if not sooner. She's garage kept so I shouldn't have any trouble keeping her in perfect condition.

Great to have you come to the 4g side. This place has a TON of information, and if you have any troubles or need any help, let us know!

One thing to do FIRST is change timing belt. Not sure if the 3g is the same, but the 4g is a interference engine and if that belt breaks, that engine is TOAST.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only 82k miles on my baby. I didn’t put a new timing belt and water pump in the 3g until about 120k.

·
Super Moderator
332 Posts
Only 82k miles on my baby. I didn’t put a new timing belt and water pump in the 3g until about 120k.
I would still advise it since the timing belt is about 9 years old. I'd be weary without a timing belt change, especially with the time frame.

·
Super Moderator
332 Posts
Maybe you can answer my question. Is there a club4g decal??
A few members in the past have sold them. I have one big one, 2 small that face right and 1 small that faces left. $10 for small, $14 for big. Here are pictures for size. Had an ex-girlfriend that made a bunch for me in different colors but I only had a few on hand for people I met in person. Wish I could get more, but they don't sell like they used to. Just PM me if you're interested.

Also, for information how to inspect your timing belt, you can take a look in the Factory Service Manual. I grabbed the specific link that goes directly to the page about inspection for your GT. Also, Mitsubishi states here in the Factory Service Manual that a Timing Belt should be replaced every 60,000 Miles, or at 105,000 if the first 60,000 miles was missed. I think with the newer belts they can go to 95,000 miles, but I'm not exactly sure what year they switched, or if I'm thinking of the after market Gates belt. Hopefully somebody else chimes in. You're belt is still 9 years old, and that would be a cause for concern. I bought my car back in 2017 with 114,000 and had the timing belt replaced at 116,000 about a month after purchase.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Had timing belt changed and it wasn’t needed lol but we will chalk it up to routine maintenance haha they said my car is super clean and very well kept. Worked on some stuff over the past weekend. Painted my fuel door and calipers. The glitter may not last on the calipers but for now they sparkle 😻😻

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome!! I’m also a previous 3g owner and currently a 2007 Spyder GT owner (102k). No problems so far other than the flappers breaking off. Just did a tune up recently and the difference was amazing!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts