Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
367 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  disillusions 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I just picked up a 2007 GT spyder for my wife. She absolutely loves it. I had a 95 Talon tsi awd 5speed for several years before getting rearended. It was totalled. Loved that car. I don't have a pic of the wifes new car yet. Its already giving me the ses light for the cats which is why I joined your site. I have read the different fixes...gutting the cats...spacers...headers...long vs short...dealer fix. I'm past the extended emission warranty since I have 94000 miles on it. I'm still reading the past posts here but would love it if someone could tell me if any of these fixes actually fix the problem with no returning ses light or code P0421. Or point me in the direction of the post that deals with this question since there is just so much info here.

Anyway...I'll try to get a pic of the car on here for you. Dealer put some stupid stickers on the side I still need to remove.

Thanks for your help in advance.

#4 ·
Welcome to the club! If you just type in the code into the search box, you'll find plenty of fixes. I actually just got this code, but I'm switching to RRE shorty headers so it's a moot point. To be honest, I would just invest in the headers if I were you. RRE actually has them in stock, and we have a group buy going on for ceramic coating them. It's a good time to buy, haha.

#5 ·
I'll give you some insight since everyone else is being a douche and not really helping you with your question. My 2007 Spyder GT does the same thing. I haven't done anything to fix it but the rear cat is bad. If you want to replace it then expect to pay some money to have the dealer replace it. I have just been resetting my light with my code scanner. If you want to do headers I would go with RRE shorties cause they are direct bolt on. You will still throw a SES light unless you use spacers and even then can still throw the code. Gutting the cats will still throw the code. I have been living with it until I get the time and money to replace the manifolds with RRE shorties. If you have any more questions feel free to post back or send me a PM.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.