Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, after Big Brembos install car accelerates a lil bit slower, so I'm going to make it a bit quicker. I was thinking about FI especially turbo, but it looks that a lot of custom work needed and now it is not possible. I'm going to stay N/A and already have bought 1port NX Nitrous kit from NX.
Liquid Bottle Fluid Cosmetics Grey

I have read that it is safe to run 50 shot on stock internals, so my plan is:
1) Already have DC Sports CAI, so nitrous injector can be installed there
2) I'm going to get rid of CATs and run almost straight piped ( Sport CAT and Sport Resonator with Borla PRO XS mufflers ) with tune expect at least 180 hp;
3) Automatic transmission requires better cooling so I've bought additional trans cooler named Hayden (the most big size) and Mahle thermostat for winter period to prevent overheating.
Automotive tire Asphalt Road surface Font Line

Property Wood Fixture Door Gas

Automotive tire Finger Gas Engineering Machine

4) Already ordered fuel pump from GT model. GS pump has 60l/h but GT has 140 l/h ratio. So it looks to me that such a pump even OEM can handle nitrous. (please correct me if I'm wrong or can't install GT pump to GS)

5) Don't know should I get bigger injectors or not ( maybe subaru 440cc or 4b12 injectors )
6) Guy that will tune it says that Unichip computer will fit good for timing advance ( maybe fuel can be tuned as well )
7) Need 1-2 step colder plugs to prevent detonation and glow ignition.

8) I've seen a lot of videos from Youtube that guy makes 100 hp shot on his auto trans GS, looks pretty good but dangerous for me to run 100 on stock internals.

9) My desire is 230-250 hp result with 50-75 shot using such a setup.

Waiting the response from guys with experience. Thanks and have a good day

· Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
8,161 Posts
4: It's the same pump. Your info was wrong. I was running 15psi boost on the stock GS pump as well. It's a 240lph pump, same as an Evo
5: Yes go bigger. If you're going OEM, 565cc Subaru are a better choice. Beware, they're not as good to tune with as an aftermarket performance injector, and most of them don't flow 565cc
6: these cars don't respond well to piggybacks. For $550us you can buy actual tuning software for the stock ECU and be able to change basically everything.
7: stock plugs are already cold. Going 2 steps colder will likely result in issues when not running the nitrous. I haven't had issues on stock plugs at 28psi boost
8: a lot of math involved. Keep torque under 250lb-ft
9: that's fine

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
4: It's the same pump. Your info was wrong. I was running 15psi boost on the stock GS pump as well. It's a 240lph pump, same as an Evo
5: Yes go bigger. If you're going OEM, 565cc Subaru are a better choice. Beware, they're not as good to tune with as an aftermarket performance injector, and most of them don't flow 565cc
6: these cars don't respond well to piggybacks. For $550us you can buy actual tuning software for the stock ECU and be able to change basically everything.
7: stock plugs are already cold. Going 2 steps colder will likely result in issues when not running the nitrous. I haven't had issues on stock plugs at 28psi boost
Thanks for response will try, what about the tune, how can I get it ?

· Basically Stock
8,161 Posts
Here it is priced in CAD

· Registered
18 Posts
Here it is priced in CAD

Can you tune in launch control?

· Basically Stock
8,161 Posts
Can you tune in launch control?
Yes, for manual trans cars

It works by being enabled when the clutch is pressed in, and speed is below a set limit. When both of those are true, it sets a launch control rev limiter. All fully adjustable

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got another question about stronger engine components.
I already have ARP head studs, planning buy ACL bearings and evo 9 rods.
Looks like after install this components engine should be stronger, and easy handle expected power gain.
By the way it is possible to create custom stronger pistons maybe cast but (11.5:1 ratio)
So the basic question is should I install stronger components to engine for nitrous or keep it stock

· Basically Stock
8,161 Posts
If you don't plan to run 100+ octane race fuel or alcohol, skip the 11.5:1 pistons. I usually sell forged aluminum 8.5:1 for FI applications on pump gas.

These are the usual upgrade. If you wanted something higher, let me know. I've got no idea what shipping costs or times would be, however, to Ukraine.

Honest answer though, at 250hp goal, keep it stock, run a 50-75 wet shot above 4000rpm, set up your tuning, and call it a day

· Registered
253 Posts
Got another question about stronger engine components.
I already have ARP head studs, planning buy ACL bearings and evo 9 rods.
Looks like after install this components engine should be stronger, and easy handle expected power gain.
By the way it is possible to create custom stronger pistons maybe cast but (11.5:1 ratio)
So the basic question is should I install stronger components to engine for nitrous or keep it stock

So Uh.. The 4g69 is pretty strong. i've been running a 50ws since mid June and i've ran atleast a dozen 10lb bottles through the system. Since getting my N/A tune through Saber I haven't tried it, mainly because I'm really not tuned for it now lol. I'm on a stock fuel pump, stock internals. Not to say these concerns you have aren't well-warranted, but as long as you don't try to boost under 2,000rpm or massively mis-read the jet labels; You're going to be fine. Get an AFR gauge and be nice to your transmission. Now this is where i give the disclaimer: I am not a professional anything, all i know is that i ran for 6 or 7 months on a stock tune and hitting it every chance i got on the weekends. Never had any misfires, never blew any welds on my intake, and my floor pans stayed attached to the car. Do with this information as you will.

· Basically Stock
8,161 Posts
100 mon+ron/2, 100ron, or 100mon? I'm a bit confused on your location, so can't really tell what scale you're using. But I'm talking in North American MON/RON/2

And no, 4G64 pistons will reduce compression, and a thicker gasket will again reduce compression.

A custom camshaft from Brian Crower would sort you out power wise.

I could get flat top pistons or domes if you did want to go higher still. Eg, a 0cc will get you 10.57:1. A +1.9 is the highest I see Wiseco going which would give 10.9:1, which isn't unreasonable on 91+ fuel.

· Basically Stock
8,161 Posts
FI tune, 750 CAD

For the cost of a proper nitrous setup though.... I really suggest going turbo instead. Cheap and nitrous means heavy limitations, or expensive controllers with medium sized limitations

Take bottle fill costs into account too, and think about how much you'll use it, and if you'd rather a car that ALWAYS makes more power or just when you spray

1 - 14 of 14 Posts