Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I have a 2007 Eclipse Spyder 3.8. It ran fine a few days ago. Today it cranks but has no spark and no pulse to fuel injectors. There is supply voltage at the injectors and ignition coils. There is also a pulse from the crank sensor to the ECU.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm thinking the problem is related to the immobilizer system. Does anyone know of a way to test it? Perhaps verify that it is reading the key?

Thanks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
if it's cranking it should not be the immobilizer. If it was the immobilizer, can you see the immobilizer light flickering in your dashboard?

I was having issues with my car after timing belt broke I replaced everything and it turned out that the crank shaft position sensor that I bought was actually faulty even when it would get readings from the ecu.

I know this isn't your issue, so I do hope you figure it out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can confirm that the engine WILL crank if the immobilizer is not working. I once had a broken key stub that I would turn with pliers. The engine would crank but not start. If you then held the transponder part of the key near the ignition switch, it would start.

In the case of my ongoing repair, I believe that the problem is the ECM. As stated earlier, I am getting no spark or injectors. I also cannot pull an OBDII reading from the vehicle. I have since removed the ECM and sent it to SIA Electronics for evaluation and repair. That's where it sits now.

Thanks for your replies.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm thinking the problem is related to the immobilizer system. Does anyone know of a way to test it? Perhaps verify that it is reading the key?

Thanks.
I'm having same problem with my 2006 gt 3.8 5sp and I had a lock Smith check it out for me and it was OK I am going nuts because of this car I am a mechanic and I am lost I brought a simple tool to check if it is reading the key also just to have it

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm having same problem with my 2006 gt 3.8 5sp and I had a lock Smith check it out for me and it was OK I am going nuts because of this car I am a mechanic and I am lost I brought a simple tool to check if it is reading the key also just to have it
If you find out what ur problem is please let me know it sounds like you are working on my car I have the exact same problem

1 - 11 of 11 Posts