Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
No bail-out money here!
2007 Eclipse GS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I didn't have a radio in my 07 Eclipse GS for a couple years and I stumbled upon an 06 GT that was being parted out so I snagged the radio. The only problem is it doesn't have the correct plug for the sreering wheel controls. Is there a way to convert this or is there maybe an adapter of sorts? I'll post up a picture of the connection a little later. It has no Rockford Fosgate logo on it so I'm assuming it's not the same stereo.

·
2,301 Posts
You need to be more clear here, it doesn’t matter if the car is a GS or GT; all it matters is if the radio is RF or not

which does your car have now?
Which is the donor car’s?

·
No bail-out money here!
2007 Eclipse GS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to be more clear here, it doesn’t matter if the car is a GS or GT; all it matters is if the radio is RF or not

which does your car have now?
Which is the donor car’s?
It's not RF. My vehicle is an 07 GS that used to have an RF before the previous owner removed it. The vehicle I pulled the non-RF radio from is an 06 GT. The picture of the radio is in the post. I have already installed it, but the plug for the steering wheel controls does not match.

·
2,301 Posts
If your car is wired for RF, then it has the factory amp; if you don't use a MITO 01 for an aftermarket radio or try to swap in a non RF stock radio, your door speakers won't work unless they've been rewired to bypass the factory amp

Do your door speakers work?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts