Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
all,
I'm debating between Nos or Turbo charge my 07GT..
The car is fun but I feel like it could still go faster..
NOS will give the easy installation and 50HP ready.. while the Turbo kit will be more complicated but consistent..
One major concern is inspection.
Even the car is not required to pass emission but for both cases, it will fail inspection..
What do you guys think?

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,650 Posts
NOS is overpriced, go ZEX if you go NO2.

GT respond well to nitrous, and it saves you having to do a rear mount turbo setup. Depending on how often you want that extra punch of power, it could be worthwhile over a turbo. If you want it regularly, then just drop the extra $1500 up front and go turbo over nitrous.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My concern is open the valve of the tank when needed.. that’s the down side compare to turbo..
Do you have the reference for rear mount location.. I saw a YouTube video from RRE about the rear mount but they didn’t show the details..
Thanks.

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,650 Posts
That's not mine, but those hangers won't care. You could stand on your exhaust with the strength of those hangers. I wouldn't be surprised if it was part of the design to add strength, in case someone backs into something that their exhaust doesn't then fall off. Or they just felt the car could be heavier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.