Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Eclipse GS and I have the stock headers that has the 2 precats which have been gutted and my 3rd cat is removed. I purchased a set of 2 O2 sensor spacers to get rid of the CEL but I was wondering where they need to go since our car has 4 O2 sensors.

I've read on a different thread that they go after the precats and before the main cat but I just wanted to confirm before I start.

On a side note, has anyone done it before? I live in Canada so things get pretty rusty, will they be hard to remove?

·
Super Moderator
405 Posts
They’re meant to go on the o2 sensors after the cats. The front cats don’t modify fuel mapping, and the 3rd cat doesn’t have any sensors. I’ve heard it’s hit and miss.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a gt and have basically the same cat situation. I have the second sensors, the ones that monitor spaced and the light stays off for the most part. I only get a light if I am a bit rough before it fully heats up.

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all of the input, I'm gonna try to do the bottom ones this weekend and I'll keep this thread updated with how it goes.

Hopefully I don't break a sensor trying to get it out lol

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,973 Posts
Thanks for all of the input, I'm gonna try to do the bottom ones this weekend and I'll keep this thread updated with how it goes.

Hopefully I don't break a sensor trying to get it out lol
If you don't have an oxy torch, try to do it after a long drive while the pipes are still hot.

And definitely only on the downstream sensors (farthest from the engine), never ever on the upstream sensors (upstream are for fuel trim adjustment, and you can cause engine damage over time by ruining the trims, as well as it will hurt fuel economy and power)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts