Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay guys I just wanted to put a review on here for people like me and don't really have a clear opinion on the obx headers. well I recently installed obx headers onto my car and had it welded in my a shop and everything is running good other than my o2 set up currently. BUT! these headers make your car whistle. not sure why, not sure how. I have checked and checked for leaks anywhere and I tightened my bolts to the right specs and I still have a whistle! I think one part is my stock intake but regardless they still whistle. if you can deal with the whistle then good for you but sadly I am forced to since I already bought them and had them welded in. the exhaust sound amazing when you are under 2000 rpm but once you hit that mark the whistle comes up. also do not install these with a glass pack. it will make your car sound horrible! almost as bad as a Honda and their fart cans. the headers will also not be a perfect fit with the connections and also the efi, in order to make the efi fit you must do some custom bending or at least i did lol. over all I regret not going with the RRE headers. I never have tried them but people seem to really enjoy those ones and have no issues. :rant2:

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's said to be super common on both the RRE and OBX Headers, I have OBX Headers myself, have been running them for over a year and I'm dealing with the same issue, I'm re-doing all the gaskets with remflex Graphite gaskets to make sure there is no leaks but it's a super common thing with both headers.

I am going to put some Ultra Grey Permatex on the EGR Valve Bolt going into the headers to ensure those threads arn't leaking aswell.

The sound does come even with open headers though so I do doubt the sound is caused by a leak.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts