Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, Ive wanted to change my oem headlight to this ---> Spec-D® - Black Dual Halo Projector Headlights with Parking LEDs

But the problem I have is that my car have the factory HiD xenon light and on all site ive checked, nothing will fit these type of bulb. All aftermarket healight I saw was for halogen only. So I was wondering if there would be a way to fit the xenon bulb in those headlight or if I really need to convert to halogen.

·
2,892 Posts
Hey, Ive wanted to change my oem headlight to this ---> Spec-D® - Black Dual Halo Projector Headlights with Parking LEDs

But the problem I have is that my car have the factory HiD xenon light and on all site ive checked, nothing will fit these type of bulb. All aftermarket healight I saw was for halogen only. So I was wondering if there would be a way to fit the xenon bulb in those headlight or if I really need to convert to halogen.
Yeah that’s the problem, if you had the factory HIDs, there are no compatible aftermarket headlight you can use as they’re all for the basic halogen bulb
And it’s unlikely you’d be able to get new OEM ones either as Mitsubishi discontinued literally everything for our cars

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that’s the problem, if you had the factory HIDs, there are no compatible aftermarket headlight you can use as they’re all for the basic halogen bulb
And it’s unlikely you’d be able to get new OEM ones either as Mitsubishi discontinued literally everything for our cars
Thanks for the repply, is there a way with the wiring to fit my hid connector with these headlight ?

·
Registered
2007 Eclipse GT
130 Posts
Idk about that, I did find these ones, which are pretty much the OEM lights but black housings so they should work with any OEM lighting

·
2,892 Posts
Idk about that, I did find these ones, which are pretty much the OEM lights but black housings so they should work with any OEM lighting
Those are for non HID, it literally says that

·
Registered
790 Posts
I recently went to the H13 from factory Hid, if you need to know what connector I cut off and which wires I spliced to the 3 prong lmk

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
2,892 Posts
I recently went to the H13 from factory Hid, if you need to know what connector I cut off and which wires I spliced to the 3 prong lmk

I don’t think this works the other way around
The fuses are bigger for the HID setup and maybe the wiring
Going from regular to HID like that is a fire waiting to happen

·
Registered
790 Posts
I don’t think this works the other way around
The fuses are bigger for the HID setup and maybe the wiring
Going from regular to HID like that is a fire waiting to happen
I went from Hid to H13, but what works for me might not work for other people. 3 days driving with lights, no melting or burning from what I can tell, but will keep my fire extinguisher nearby.

·
2,892 Posts
I went from Hid to H13, but what works for me might not work for other people. 3 days driving with lights, no melting or burning from what I can tell, but will keep my fire extinguisher nearby.

That's fine
I said that doing the reverse of what you did (H13 to HID), would not be safe

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Did you have oem hid? or it was a aftermarket hid kit?

·
Registered
6 Posts

I just bought a Silver 09 GT with the OEM HID , but its a bit foggy and the light output is dismal .
Please DM how you installed the spec-d , any issues you faced ?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts