Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,046 Posts
I recently bought an 09 GT. Terrible HID output. Can you send me your process? Thank you!
HID fade over time rather than die outright like a halogen does at the end. Foggy headlight lenses also take away light, if that's something yours has (I mention as it's common too). Swapping with an OEM bulb, not an aftermarket, could be all that is needed to restore it to full service again

·
Registered
2 Posts
HID fade over time rather than die outright like a halogen does at the end. Foggy headlight lenses also take away light, if that's something yours has (I mention as it's common too). Swapping with an OEM bulb, not an aftermarket, could be all that is needed to restore it to full service again
Thanks! They are foggy and I have some products coming this week to hopefully repair that. The bulbs in there now are 6k Innovited. Pretty sure they’re junk! I have some 5k Diode bulbs coming as well. Right now, it’s just not safe at night.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can I get that wiring info as well? Recently bought a 09 Spyder with Hids, I have the new fixtures just unsure about the wiring.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2012 spyder with oem HID. One light is out and I have not been able to find any kind of a replacement in months. I’m wanting to go from HID to something else, but I’m not sure what wiring to get. Would you be able to share what you did? I’m pretty desperate, I can’t register my car without a light bulb.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2012 spyder with oem HID. One light is out and I have not been able to find any kind of a replacement in months. I’m wanting to go from HID to something else, but I’m not sure what wiring to get. Would you be able to share what you did? I’m pretty desperate, I can’t register my car without a light bulb.
I never got an answer from anyone, but I figured it out on my own. I used the Spec-d lights and bought H13 female sockets from Amazon. I cut and spliced the H13 sockets into the stock HID plugs, so if I ever wanted to go back to the HID's I could. H13 female sockets plug directly to Spec-d lights. You only use three wires from the factory harness, high, low, and ground.The other two wires control your HID eye movement, which will not be functional wit the new headlights. Really wasn't that hard.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I finally got it to work, it was a pain in the ass, because one of the lights was defective so I re-wired the damn thing over and over, then did the other light and it worked.
Basically, I ended up taking the wire harness from the old lights and wire it into the new lights.

This is what I did:

Purchased these lights: there are a few different kinds. I got mine from Amazon, but they were the smoked ones.
Spec-D Tuning Led Eyelid Halo Glossy Black Housing Smoke Lens Projector Headlights Compatible with Mitsubishi Eclipse 2006-2011 L+R Pair Head Light Lamp Assembly https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0751K7WF...abc_R2CVP3ZAZ44YE2B68ZM5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Got two connectors for the lights.
DGZZI Bulb Socket 2PCS H13 Halogen Light-emitting Diode Headlight Female Connectors Adapter Plug With Pigtail Wire for Headlights Headlamp Lamps Bulbs Amazon.com: DGZZI Bulb Socket 2PCS H13 Halogen Light-emitting Diode Headlight Female Connectors Adapter Plug With Pigtail Wire for Headlights Headlamp Lamps Bulbs : Automotive

Used this video to remember where the bolts went.

Had to remove my front tires, couldn’t get to the bolts in the wheel well.

used the wiring harness from my old lights. I’m sure you could find a male wire harness to go with the ones in the car already.

matched up the wires green wire pulls power from the drive lights, so I used it for the led lights, and hooked up the ground to the black.
On the main wires, I hooked blue to purple, and red to gray. This provided power for the high beams and the drive lights properly.

I did some trial and error to figure out what wires were what. You can also run it all from the drive lights, not split the LED and the main bulb.
Automotive tire Electrical wiring Cable Gas Bicycle part

Hand Finger Nail Automotive lighting Carabiner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts