Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y'all I noticed some oil leaking under my car. It not too bad but i think its transmission oil because its right next to the CV Drive Shaft axle. I noticed that there is a little clean cutout hole in the same spot underneath so its a factory cut, right? I also put in Redline trans gear fluid in recently so i think that I put just a bit too much and the oil leaks through that factory hole. Or would it be leaking because of some mechanical issue? Can y'all give me your opinion before i take it to the mechanic?

Thank you in advance for any response you may offer!

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
maybe not the pan, well idk, It leaks from between the thin sheet and transmission, is it supposed to have RTV surrounding the whole thing or just the bolts ? That hook thing and its bolt was put on by the mechanic because the original bolt was missing.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update

So I went to get this checked out and it turns out its really just a bunch of seals that are bad i guess. Here is the list of issues.

>If you are leaking oil in your Eclipse< I Have attached the names/prices of common engine/trans seals in the picture to save some hassle.

Prices are from Austin Texas.

Attachments

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,858 Posts
Is the pan gasket leaking? It may not even be a gasket at all, it might just be that RTV sealer “Hondabond”
Stock doesn't use a gasket. RTV is the standard, like on many cars. It's less prone to leaking when done right, and more forgiving than a gasket to flaws in the pan stamping

·
2,892 Posts
Stock doesn't use a gasket. RTV is the standard, like on many cars. It's less prone to leaking when done right, and more forgiving than a gasket to flaws in the pan stamping
I found out that the leaking "gasket" on my 4spd auto trans solenoid cover where the dipstick is really isn't a gasket either, just RTV silicone bond. Not sure I wanna mess with taking that cover off yet to redo it, it's leaking, but not bad enough yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts