Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys so when I drive my 06 eclipse gt when I get on the freeway and go about 100 and then come up to a red light my oil light starts to flicker what should I do??

·
1,975 Posts
Then you have low oil pressure at low RPMs

Tell us about your oil? Changed within how many miles each time? Brand and weight? Synthetic, blend?

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Guys,
Could it also be his oil pressure sensor?

Mine would flicker at idle. Changed oil pressure sensor on the side of the engine and it solved my problem.
I have a GS though. but its a 06. Its prob about time for that to go anyways isnt it?

Wouldnt that be his cheapest/easiest/most common starting point?

·
1,975 Posts
Guys,
Could it also be his oil pressure sensor?

Mine would flicker at idle. Changed oil pressure sensor on the side of the engine and it solved my problem.
I have a GS though. but its a 06. Its prob about time for that to go anyways isnt it?

Wouldnt that be his cheapest/easiest/most common starting point?
Yeah it could be, but it is extremely unlikely for an oil pressure sensor to ever fail, especially on a Jap car (Jap made engine) like ours.
And no, it's not a reguarly scheduled maintainence item to ever change out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Same thing happend to my 06 gt. About 6 months ago on a road trip across texas the light started flickering and i couldnt stop in the middle of nowhere but by the time i found a place to stop the motor was toast.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts