Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
8,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just finished writing an article culminating my findings and experiences with different oil viscosities, as well as information from Mitsubishi and the lab scientists at Amsoil.

Here it is on the Speed Farm Garage website

· Registered
159 Posts
“Elsewhere in the service manual, it also makes mention that use above 4000rpm (MIVEC range), or 50% throttle is considered severe use.”

This tickled me.

Good read! Concise, yet detailed enough to get the point across.

· Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
8,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
“Elsewhere in the service manual, it also makes mention that use above 4000rpm (MIVEC range), or 50% throttle is considered severe use.”

This tickled me.

Good read! Concise, yet detailed enough to get the point across.
We're basically all severe users in the eyes of Mitsubishi lol.

Subaru/Toyota are the absolute worst offenders for labelling their users and voiding warranty though. They'll check your social media to get out of a warranty claim, just by seeing you're associated with any sort of track use or racing. I found a lot of stories on that when I was considering buying an 86

· Registered
159 Posts
We're basically all severe users in the eyes of Mitsubishi lol.

Subaru/Toyota are the absolute worst offenders for labelling their users and voiding warranty though. They'll check your social media to get out of a warranty claim, just by seeing you're associated with any sort of track use or racing. I found a lot of stories on that when I was considering buying an 86
The information age I suppose? Thats pretty brutal of these huge corporations will use an affiliation to get out of warranty work. That being said, there is more information about more topics available to more people ever. For better or worse.

· Registered
196 Posts
Sounds right! 15/40 sounds crazy in northern climates but the 5/30 sounds like an excellent compromise. Cold starts are comforted by fast flowing cold oil. And more heat and losers tolerances are dealt with enough by the hot weight! I’ve been changing my friends oil in her 3.7 q50 and that’s what it eats factory recommend. Similar engine size purpose and power

1 - 6 of 6 Posts