Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  BoRiCuAGT 
#1 ·
Hi guys!! I'm new to the club and wanted to share one of the last races I did. I'm from Puerto Rico, and have found that many people think that our cars are slow or not worth racing, but that only makes my satisfaction bigger when I crush one with our power. So, the other night the local clubs were meeting and I went there to see what was going on. That is a bad place to go if you want to keep your license, but food to our racing souls, if you are following me. I saw the cool rides and then took the road home. Soon enough, I saw this RSX-Type S trying to race a Proteg3 and I wanted to join. My radar said it was ok, so there I went behind the two. The guy in the mazda knew he didn't stand a chance and quit, so the RSX-S and me line up side by side. I slow down to about 15 mph and shift to first. He was so confident he let me start ahead... his bad. I quickly took a one car lead on my initial push and another half-car lead when I hit second. As we all know, after third gear he didn't stood a chance, my lead was slowly growing and after that I hit the brakes. I waited for him, and again slowed down to about 15 mph. This time, he started first and he took a half car length, when we shifted to second, I got even with him, and again after third, I started pulling with a steady march. We continued racing to only about 110mph, because there were 2 cars going together on the street and we needed to brake. It felt so good killing one of those cocky Honda owners.

#6 ·
Thanks. I know mine is completely stock, but his Type-S was really loud, so I think he got an exhaust, maybe headers, and most likely the intake. But I never asked him, and in PR, people usually keep their secrets about what they got in their cars. They don't share. It's like they want to let you think their cars are as stock as they come.

#8 ·
RSX S is only 200hp, so even with simple mods its not going to match a stock GT. But the RSXS K20 motor is a power house turbo'd, and will hold its own against the best on the streets.

#15 ·
S1 mano, tú estabas all1?? Tir3 el carro 4 veces, la 1ra hizo 15.5 @ 92MPH, la 2da me escrache bien feo y tir3 un 16.7 @ 90MPH. El 3er pase fall3 3ra y con to y eso baj3 a 15.1 @ 95MPH y como fall3 cambio en ese pase lo tir3 una última vez y entonces hice 14.9 @ 95MPH. Tengo videos pero no los he subido y no s3 si hacerlo pq no se ven los números de la pizarra. De todas formas, yo tengo un canal de youtube en el que posteo los videos y tengo unos de El Tuque y otras loqueras que cuando tengas un break los chekeas. Yo s3 que los tiempos est@n bien malos, pero el carro est@ completamente f@brica y tú sabes que el TCL aguanta el carro como si se fuera a apagar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.