Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent been on the forum for quite a while but I thought I'd drop my ride and where it is at the moment from where i was about a year ago. Black headlights and taillights, projector style eyelids, RTX R-Spec Zeniths, R1 Concepts drilled and slotted rotors, GodSpeed MonoSS Coilovers, Injen CAI, rear bumper is cut off so when I get my exhaust finished I can have a dual exit setup. Gonna be getting a carbon fiber hood soon then i also need to get her paint corrected, looks too silver in bad lighting

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Man looks super nice! I'm new to the forum, I don't have a G4 yet but I'm buying one soon, this week, if everything goes alright. I just posted a question in the new members tread, and I have another one for you, is an Ingen CAI really worth it? Did you have any considerable gains that you could feel while driving? Or did you have to tune it. Thanks.

·
140whp+15.72%= 162hp
407 Posts
Man looks super nice! I'm new to the forum, I don't have a G4 yet but I'm buying one soon, this week, if everything goes alright. I just posted a question in the new members tread, and I have another one for you, is an Ingen CAI really worth it? Did you have any considerable gains that you could feel while driving? Or did you have to tune it. Thanks.
Mine is a GS. I got DC Sports CAI. While you may not notice the gain you will notice the big roar at WOT. In order to feel a difference you need to upgrade the car with mods that support eachother. What i did was a CAI, Throttle Body Bypass and swapped GS TB for a GT TB. A TB spacer would help alot as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Got it, if I decide to go crazy on performance mods would do the CAI and Exhaust since they are the cheapest, I wonder if it will make a big difference on a GT, I don't really trust in TB spacers or headers tbh unless forced induction is involved.

·
140whp+15.72%= 162hp
407 Posts
Got it, if I decide to go crazy on performance mods would do the CAI and Exhaust since they are the cheapest, I wonder if it will make a big difference on a GT, I don't really trust in TB spacers or headers tbh unless forced induction is involved.
As Saber would say I am biased to the GS since the 4G69 platform has more aftermarket support. But 100 extra ponies right off the bat dont sound too bad.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Haha I can feel the 4banger bias, nothing wrong with that, I'm just looking to get close to the 250whp mark without forced induction if I get the GT I'm looking for, the first time I drove it I didn't expect it to pull hard and it surprised me, and I used to drive a Camaro lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha I can feel the 4banger bias, nothing wrong with that, I'm just looking to get close to the 250whp mark without forced induction if I get the GT I'm looking for, the first time I drove it I didn't expect it to pull hard and it surprised me, and I used to drive a Camaro lol
i dont really feel much of a difference but its still low power, a cai usually doesnt add that much, also if your gonna do a exhaust get your headers gutted, it sounds much better than the long tube headers for our cars, with long tubes it just sounds like a straight piped honda. If 250 doesnt feel good enough to you and you have a gs you can fit the evo 8/9 trans onto the 4g69 block since its a 7 bolt just like the 4g63, for bigger power with forced induction people usually swap the 4g63 heads onto the 4g69 shortblock as well, most ive seen so far is just shy of 800 awhp

·
Registered
18 Posts
My dream car was an Evo, until I got married hahahahaha I'm just looking to get a GT model and reach the 250whp mark, trying to have a daily-project here lol I'm not a mechanic nor have unlimited cash to go with forced induction or engine swaps, but thanks for the advice!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts