Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,845 Posts
Oh, no, where I saw back pressure being suggested was on an article about mufflers referring to all baffle mufflers, which is why I was confused as to why both designs (baffle and straight-through) would have the same issue.
Could you possibly find me an example of a muffler you think would be appropriate for what I am looking for so I can know sort of what to be looking at?
Super 10

·
Registered
2007 Eclipse GT
91 Posts
After looking at this video on the flowmaster super 10 (at 1:17), you get an inside look at the muffler, and I dont see the baffle plates (unless I just don't know what they look like). It also seems to be considered one of the most aggressive among their mufflers, where I was mainly looking for a good deep sound, but nothing too wild, or is their classification an overstatement? Thanks Saber!

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,845 Posts
After looking at this video on the flowmaster super 10 (at 1:17), you get an inside look at the muffler, and I dont see the baffle plates (unless I just don't know what they look like). It also seems to be considered one of the most aggressive among their mufflers, where I was mainly looking for a good deep sound, but nothing too wild, or is their classification an overstatement? Thanks Saber!
There are two.

Automotive design Personal protective equipment Camera accessory Sports gear Auto part

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,845 Posts
god this place is so much more positive than the first forum I was a part of when I was starting out with cars
Remember around 2014-2016 here? This place was a disaster lol. I got no support for anything when I'd mention big goals, people would tell me my methods wouldn't work, that my goals were too crazy... And look around now. How I did my turbo build is how 90% of GS turbos exist now, lol. The way that "won't ever work" and I "won't ever actually do". I'm sure it wasn't just me, but of course, observer bias is a hell of a thing.

·
resident crossplatformer
1,417 Posts
Remember around 2014-2016 here? This place was a disaster lol. I got no support for anything when I'd mention big goals, people would tell me my methods wouldn't work, that my goals were too crazy... And look around now. How I did my turbo build is how 90% of GS turbos exist now, lol. The way that "won't ever work" and I "won't ever actually do". I'm sure it wasn't just me, but of course, observer bias is a hell of a thing.
That was a bad time, a lot of people noped out of here, but at least it wasnt Club3g. I distinctly remember there were a few guys with turbo 4's back then, but were cagey about information, there is nothing like saying 'screw you guys, this is how you do it because you won't tell me how'. Part of the reason why I was gone so long was that I needed a clean slate in life while I figured things out and I couldn't deal with toxic culture

·
Registered
2007 Eclipse GT
91 Posts
We'll use the word "tired". That's my go to. I'll gladly let anyone use my excuse
By the way, howcome the listing for the super 10 is so exceptionally cheaper than on these other websites? What's the catch? Here is what i am talking about:
Flowmaster 8325108 Flowmaster 10 Series Delta Force Race Muffler - USD$125.95 (CAD$158.08)

https://www.tdotperformance.ca/flow...race-muffler-2-5-id-center-2-5-od-center.html - CAD$170.87

https://www.amazon.ca/Flowmaster-84...003BZ9LP6/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8 - CAD$104.88

·
Registered
2007 Eclipse GT
91 Posts
Amazon doesn't pay taxes properly, buys in MASSIVE bulk orders at heavy discounts, and has their own transportation service.

It's not my favourite muffler, but is the loudest option, as an alternative to the straight through designs. Usually I run Magnaflow turbo mufflers
Hm, I realize this is pretty much full circle, but my goal isn't primarily pure volume, but rather a deep tone overall. Will I get that from the super 10 do you know? If its not really the case for the super 10, is there a specific model of muffler you would recommend to me?

·
Registered
2007 Eclipse GT
91 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Eclipse GT
91 Posts
That style, yes. Strongly. That in 2.75-3" would deepen the tone a lot without becoming super loud. They're smooth and nice. It's what I run xD
A couple things with this one.
1) there is no 2.75 inlet for this design, and a 3" inlet wouldn't weld nicely onto 2.5" piping, right?
2) How does the Centered/offset design align to come out at the same spot as the stock tailpipe? I feel like it would be coming out at the wrong spot and thenm hit my ground effects bumper from the inside (which looks like this)
06-08 Mitsubishi Eclipse OE Rear Bumper Lip Spoiler Diffuser - PU – MFD  Racing

21 - 40 of 80 Posts