Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,845 Posts
To be done RIGHT, because it's stainless, you'd have to TIG it or at least have a shop use the right wire and gas in a MIG. Put aside $150-$250 for welding the tip and muffler together the fancy way, as well as muffler to the rest of the pipe. To be done with normal wire and auto gas MIG, probably $40ish.

Now, for the normal mild steel stuff, that's basic. About $150 for the pipe, bent into shape, and mounted.

So $300-$400 done fancy, $200ish done normal. Then, add parts on top of it. That $100 flowmaster tip looks suspiciously like the $25 white box tips I have sitting outside in my shop right now, so ask the shop what they can get for tips.

·
Registered
2007 Eclipse GT
91 Posts
To be done RIGHT, because it's stainless, you'd have to TIG it or at least have a shop use the right wire and gas in a MIG. Put aside $150-$250 for welding the tip and muffler together the fancy way, as well as muffler to the rest of the pipe. To be done with normal wire and auto gas MIG, probably $40ish.

Now, for the normal mild steel stuff, that's basic. About $150 for the pipe, bent into shape, and mounted.

So $300-$400 done fancy, $200ish done normal. Then, add parts on top of it. That $100 flowmaster tip looks suspiciously like the $25 white box tips I have sitting outside in my shop right now, so ask the shop what they can get for tips.
Great! Again, thanks so much Saber!

·
Registered
2007 Eclipse GT
91 Posts

Hey Saber, I was wondering how you get your parts from the supplier rather than through shops? Like how do you shop through a supplier?

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,845 Posts
For performance parts, I'm private sales rep for Velocity Racing Performance. That's how I get people deals on turbos, engine parts, etc.

For exhaust pipes, mufflers, shop supplies, OEM stuff, etc, I've made a network locally of shops that'll deal with me privately without a registered shop in their database. Knowing a lot of people in the industry, and sounding like you know what you want when you call helps out a lot.

·
Registered
2007 Eclipse GT
91 Posts
For performance parts, I'm private sales rep for Velocity Racing Performance. That's how I get people deals on turbos, engine parts, etc.

For exhaust pipes, mufflers, shop supplies, OEM stuff, etc, I've made a network locally of shops that'll deal with me privately without a registered shop in their database. Knowing a lot of people in the industry, and sounding like you know what you want when you call helps out a lot.
Ah gotcha. Is there any chance you may happen to know a place out west that I should spend the time checking with? I'm in Calgary specifically. If not, no worries

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,845 Posts
The ONLY company that comes to mind that I even know out there is Drift Auto, and they're 2h away from Calgary in Brooks. But from my experience with their inventory any pricing, they're not generally items of a nature that I would purchase, and the ones I would consider, I can't justify financially, to put it nicely.

·
Registered
30 Posts
325$ for a sweet new muffler gave me awesome improvements I did the injen cai hooked up right behind the fog light stuck a little chicken wire in there to keep out the leaves rabbits and squirrels and the thing screams now it’s the best spot I’ve ever seen to draw cold air on an otherwise stock car it definitely increases ambient pressure and with the muffler upgrade it’s perfect. Sounds and runs awesome on stock maf and map
Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Shoe Automotive lighting Automotive tire Leg Trunk

Tire Automotive tail & brake light Car Wheel Vehicle

Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Tire Vehicle

Hood Motor vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Bumper Fender

·
Registered
30 Posts
Lous custom exhaust in Quincy ma picked this out for me they said the factory exhaust was bent well and performance minded already that the muffler was the biggest restriction to overall power and other than running 3” it’s definitely the most bang for the bucks I didn’t fight them on price you could probably get it cheaper but I like those guys and they did a great job on it. And most of all they liked the car they don’t get many in…

·
Registered
30 Posts
Since the pics I capped the vacuum line right on the intake manifold ditched the check valve and properly grounded the pivot voltage stabilizer that thing kicks ass too even my electric windows work better now

·
Registered
30 Posts
No baffles in this set up just straight through glass pack no issues just flat out fast, fun, and loud at high rpms people overthink this shit too much if you don’t know anything about scavenging and bs leave it to the professionals at an exhaust shop! They will hook you up!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Most of the scavenging you need happens up front close to the motor by the time your at the tale pipe after 2 big cats the y pipe usually another cat and a big fat resonator a whole bunch of piping still by the time your at the muffler you just need to get that shit out… and be happy with whatever sound level your comfortable with.

·
Registered
30 Posts
And my butt Dino tells me that the car shouldn’t break loose in an automatic in third gear but it sure as shit does now!
90% throttle is the best I can hit around town now without going to jail I was to the floor all the time stock. Now w.o.t results in burnt rubber the first three gears or that annoying traction control constantly fighting when it’s on.

·
Registered
2007 Eclipse GT
91 Posts
325$ for a sweet new muffler gave me awesome improvements I did the injen cai hooked up right behind the fog light stuck a little chicken wire in there to keep out the leaves rabbits and squirrels and the thing screams now it’s the best spot I’ve ever seen to draw cold air on an otherwise stock car it definitely increases ambient pressure and with the muffler upgrade it’s perfect. Sounds and runs awesome on stock maf and map View attachment 103107
View attachment 103112
View attachment 103110
View attachment 103106
View attachment 103109
View attachment 103108
View attachment 103111
View attachment 103105
Do you know which muffler exactly you had put in?

61 - 80 of 80 Posts