Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thats a face of surprise :)

You can tell by the look on his face that he did not expect the car to be as fast and torquey as it is. :cool2:

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
That was great! He actually seemed more impressed by the 4G than the Evo FE. Glad to see a review like this now, 4G not getting much attention otherwise. Best review since the SpeedChannel vid. One issue he had that I've seen other reviewers critical of, is the steering 'dead spot' in the corners/turn-in. Maybe since I've been driving mine for 11 years now I don't notice it. You guys have an issue w/ lack of steering feel?

·
Registered
451 Posts
I wish the steering was a bit tighter but then again to the average driver, that's not favored. I feel very little slop in the wheel but I put emphasis on the VERY little part. Im happy with our set up. Im also rocking the factory tower bar combined with tanabe tower bar and rear sway bar. The steering is improved significantly! Highly recommend the tower bars and sway bars to anyone who jukes traffic

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I wish the steering was a bit tighter but then again to the average driver, that's not favored. I feel very little slop in the wheel but I put emphasis on the VERY little part. Im happy with our set up. Im also rocking the factory tower bar combined with tanabe tower bar and rear sway bar. The steering is improved significantly! Highly recommend the tower bars and sway bars to anyone who jukes traffic
+1 to that. These cars at their limit actually tend to oversteer, as I found out once while chasing a Cadillac ATS through a circular off ramp. The RSB upgrade is a must imo.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
I must be dreaming... a video where they ACTUALLY review the GT, not the GS, and don't shit all over it cuz its not "muh awd turbo gsx"? Glad someone finally gave this car an honest review, so many people just on the hate wagon because of the third gen that it doesn't even get the time of day. Maybe thats why they've depreciated in value so much.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah hes fair with his reviews and very unbiased i dont know what hes talking about the steering wheel, its been responsive to me but i do admit stock suspension it does feel a bit bouncy.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, especially seeing how a similarly aged Accord V6 coupe is nearly double the price. It may be a better car, but definitely not 2x as good.

I thought we could beat v6 accord coupes easily till late 2010's when they came out with the 3.5 engine

1 - 16 of 16 Posts