Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Does anyone know the part numbers for the upstream oxygen sensors? I am looking for an OEM replacement.

Also, I bought a MAF sensor from CarParts.com. It was only like $50 compared to the $400 on OEM part websites, but it's supposed to be OEM with the original part number. Anybody have any idea why the price is so different?

·
2,535 Posts
Do the denso sensors require you to cut the original harness and splice together the wires? I'm looking for a sensor that is pre measured with the correct length wires and harness. (OEM not aftermarket)
No you don’t have to, Bosch you do tho because the cord is too short for the one I tried to use so I got rid of it and went with a Denso again

Denso O2’s are OEM, it’s what was stock and what a Mitsubishi dealer would sell you, just with a higher price for profit, they fit 100%, correct wire length and plug, everything

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No you don’t have to, Bosch you do tho because the cord is too short for the one I tried to use so I got rid of it and went with a Denso again

Denso O2’s are OEM, it’s what was stock and what a Mitsubishi dealer would sell you, just with a higher price for profit, they fit 100%, correct wire length and plug, everything
Thank you! You were very helpful. Rock auto's listing is a little confusing, because they list the sensors as "cylinder 1&2" and "cylinder 3&4". They did have the correct part numbers though and we're still clearer than the OEM websites. Also so much cheaper. I'm just going to replace all 4

·
2,535 Posts
Thank you! You were very helpful. Rock auto's listing is a little confusing, because they list the sensors as "cylinder 1&2" and "cylinder 3&4". They did have the correct part numbers though and we're still clearer than the OEM websites. Also so much cheaper. I'm just going to replace all 4
When they say 1+2 that means the left side when you look into the engine bay

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When they say 1+2 that means the left side when you look into the engine bay
Replaced one if the sensors last night/today. It was more work than I wanted, because I had to fix the slightly carved threads in the O2 socket. The sensor is replaced though and all seems well. Hopefully my ASC off and tire spinning light stays off and I stay code free.

Thank you for the help, those sensors look perfect, with the proper cable lengths and connectors.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another update on my codes and sensors,
I decided to put the original MAF back in the intake, just because I read that the aftermarket isn't so great for that. Dumb move, but good for troubleshooting.

Sure enough, my asc off and wheel spin light turned on today, with code P0174. So, I am going to replace the sensor back to the new, probably aftermarket, MAF, and see if I get anymore codes.

The reason I replaced the O2 sensor was because I had a 'system too rich' code a short time after installing the new MAF, and I had an oxygen sensor that had previously been replaced and spliced, that made me uncomfortable.

If I don't get anymore codes, then it's time to get my reflash.

·
2,535 Posts
Another update on my codes and sensors,
I decided to put the original MAF back in the intake, just because I read that the aftermarket isn't so great for that. Dumb move, but good for troubleshooting.

Sure enough, my asc off and wheel spin light turned on today, with code P0174. So, I am going to replace the sensor back to the new, probably aftermarket, MAF, and see if I get anymore codes.

The reason I replaced the O2 sensor was because I had a 'system too rich' code a short time after installing the new MAF, and I had an oxygen sensor that had previously been replaced and spliced, that made me uncomfortable.

If I don't get anymore codes, then it's time to get my reflash.
Denso MAF

1 - 11 of 11 Posts