Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening everybody. Thought I would start a thread on my build, has gained some interest from some. Main goal of this build is to have a pretty decent street car for occasional track use. Power goals are in mind of 350 to 450.
Anyways to the part everyone wants to know, if they don't already.
4g64 block
Stock crank
G4js pistons and rods
G4js cylinder head
BC valve springs and retainers
Kelford 284hl cams (I know very large)
Td05h 20g turbo (dsm)

Pretty much the whole build has been frankensteined. On top of the hyundai/kia mix of parts, I'll also be running decapped ls injectors (flow matched set, been told their around 750cc after decapping), as well as Honda k20 coil plugs.

Now I know many maybe asking, "why not stick with the 4g69, head flows more" or "how do you plan to run all that on oem ecu"
The motor I had previously rebuilt after having multiple issues with the original motor in my 3g(mostly oil leaks). Reason I don't have the 3g, body was starting rot away, so picked up the 4g to replace the 3g. As for engine management, I'll be running it all on an emu black from ecu masters. One of the best priced stand-alone ecus out right now with many features comparable to haltechs.
Will try to update the thread as much as possible, hope all enjoy.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Well after about 40-50 hours, motor is finally swapped to the 4g64 frankenstein motor. Only things left on the car is to mount rad, intercooler, fuel system, intake and exhaust, as well as wire in the standalone.
Slowly coming along. I'm sure I'm missing stuff as I go. Feel free to chime in. 馃憣

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What head is on that? R u using the stock ECU still?
The head comes from a hyundai/kia 2.4. It's called a G4js (almost identical to the 4g63, apart from some minor differences). As for the ecu, the stock one would have been OK to use, just would have to modify the cam trigger, but I opted to go standalone just for simplicity of the build (hoping to clean up some of the wiring while I'm at it, try doing a wire tuck)
The standalone I'll be using is an emu black. I believe Alex is using one in his 4g 2jz build.

The head comes from a hyundai/kia 2.4. It's called a G4js (almost identical to the 4g63, apart from some minor differences). As for the ecu, the stock one would have been OK to use, just would have to modify the cam trigger, but I opted to go standalone just for simplicity of the build (hoping to clean up some of the wiring while I'm at it, try doing a wire tuck)
The standalone I'll be using is an emu black. I believe Alex is using one in his 4g 2jz build.
Ohh ok
Yeah I was wondering how u were gonna deal with the different cam sensor pickup on that head for the ECU

1 - 5 of 5 Posts