Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
3K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  gcfpambuena 
#1 ·
I have a 2007 Eclipse GT.

For a while now I've been having my SES light on because of an O2 sensor problem (P0037 Bank 1, Sensor 2), which I've checked is a pretty common problem with the eclipse. I've replaced that O2 sensor a few weeks ago and deleted the code. It came back after driving a few miles. I've also read that it could be a catalytic converter problem.

Will having an O2 spacer "trick" the ECM into thinking that it's working fine?

If that doesn't work will the use of something like a "Catalytic Converter & Fuel System Cleaner" resolve the issue?

I don't really want to think about getting new headers yet but it seems like that's what I need to do. :sad:

Thanks in advanced.

#4 ·
Ok was just checking cause i was the idiot that had bank 2 sensor 1 go out so i swapped out the rear precat sensor and couldnt figure out why the code kept comming on.

You could always pull your ECM for a bit to let it relearn the new sensor

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

#9 ·
If it's a bad cat, it's a bad cat. No number of new sensors or ecu resets will fix that.

Spacers will hide the problem, but won't fix it. You'll still suffer from crap fuel economy, insane engine bay temperatures, and low power with them. Best off is replacing the manifold, or gutting the cats and then using spacers, if you're cheap.

A tune will also be able to disable the rear O2 sensors for running catless without using spacers, and also gaining power

#12 ·
Your car probably never came in for the recall to be reflashed during the eligible period.

But maybe it has just seen a lot of short drives where the cat doesn't get hot.

Side note: Cat cleaning products are very hard on the motor as they work by making the cat run super hot. Try not to melt your radiator

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.