Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have checked and searched everywhere before i posted. We seem to can't fix this pesky code.the following is what have been done:

checked for vacuum leaks as it has a DC sports air intake and could not see or hear any leaks.

cleaned MAF- the only thing odd with that was the rubber o ring is barely holding on and seems to get wadded up when you push the sensor back in and tighten it down.

all o2 sensors were replaced before we bought the car. not sure if they are denso or not.

tried using injector cleaner to see if that would clear it up. no luck. we didn't undo the battery for 15 min, only a few, maybe 5min not sure if that would make a difference.

so only thing i can think of is buy a new MAF, leave the battery disconnected for 5 min...determine what sensors are in the car. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHICH IS BANK 1 SENSOR ONE?? CAR IS A GS. thank you all for any advice and help.

·
140whp+15.72%= 162hp
407 Posts
Indeed. Roll the O ring til it sits against the sensor then carefully place it back in and tighten it. That's how i did it after watching this video.

https://youtu.be/ewpBmHKkfyk

Oh and dont clean the MAF sensor. It cleans itself everytime you start the car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well that didn’t work. I read on an old post that the 2 o2 sensors should have an orange blade and 2 of them should have a green blade. I think that’s where I’m gonna start looking at cause all the sensors have orange blades and I’m not sure if they are denso

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well that didn’t work. I read on an old post that the 2 o2 sensors should have an orange blade and 2 of them should have a green blade. I think that’s where I’m gonna start looking at cause all the sensors have orange blades and I’m not sure if they are denso

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just want to get this problem tackled. Car runs fine, but that code doesn’t sit right with me stating it’s running lean. Does it matter if it’s a denso or bosch o2 sensor?? I’m just trying to get it right

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
update...i didn't realize it was so many variations of this motor lol... well changed out the sensor and let it reset on its on. my son called me at work and said the light was now off. hopefully it stays off lol

·
2,127 Posts
update...i didn't realize it was so many variations of this motor lol... well changed out the sensor and let it reset on its on. my son called me at work and said the light was now off. hopefully it stays off lol
That’s good

U mean variations of the 4G6* series?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts