Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tired starting my car and it wouldn’t start till I jumped it but then the code came up. I was looking for some advice on it because the previous owner did a timing belt change at 125K and I’m at 183k. But this morning i started up and it was fine then I was checked the code but then I sat in the car researching the code and now the car doesn’t start or turn over.

·
2,690 Posts
There was a ECU/PCM firmware calibration update for this code from Mitsubishi for this code being thrown falsely

I know it came up on my car when my car wouldn't start when the starter went out

It’s a crank (or was it cam?) sensor code failure but it basically gets thrown every time there’s a no crank for whatever reason, starter, timing belt, low battery, anything

Honestly I’d check the battery first, how old is yours?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The voltage is at 12. But I’m not sure about the age of the battery because this May it’s going be 2 years of me owning the eclipse.

·
2,690 Posts
The voltage is at 12. But I’m not sure about the age of the battery because this May it’s going be 2 years of me owning the eclipse.
That’s the voltage at rest? Voltage during load/cranking is important too
12.6 should be full charge, 12.0 is actually getting half empty believe it or not, a 12v lead acid car battery has 6 1.2v cells in it making 12.6v full

Have that battery load tested with a load tester tool or just replace the thing

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE:
One day I went to see if my eclipse would start and it had no power so dead battery. Took the battery out and got it charged at autozone for free but they said the battery was no good. But I reinstalled it and my eclipse started right back up like a dream. Went to Walmart got a new 130 dollar battery so me and my eclipse are back on the road. So in the end it was the battery for throwing the code of P0335. Thanks for the help.

·
2,690 Posts
Yup like I think I said before, my car threw P0335 for a bad starter
It gets falsely set anytime there’s a no crank duration, although it’s for the crank sensor it might not be the crank sensor
Mitsubishi had ECU PCM updates to help fix this issue but it’s not a big deal

Glad u got it fixed

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 2008 eclipse threw a P0335 code and now won't start. can the sensor be flaky? if I leave it for a while it will turn over but not always.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts