Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
8K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  FrictionBurn 
#1 ·
I have an 07 GT Spyder with 122K miles. It's my DD and she still purrs like a tiger. I got these error codes last week while driving back from work. I read the codes after I got home, and hoping it was a 1 off I cleared the codes and the SES light stayed off for about a week. Now the codes are back and I'm guessing that they will continue to come back unless I do something about it but I'm not sure if it's an O2 sensor thing or if it's the cats that need the attention. Can anyone point me in the right direction? It's still got the original exhaust, no mods to any of it that I can tell.

#2 ·
P0421 and P0431 are one of the most common error with our car. There are numerous posts regarding this matter so look it up. It is the O2 sensor and catalytic converter.

Bad news is your car being 07 and over 100k miles, the warranty for these errors are expried. These are expemsive to fix. For the O2 sensor, I saw a post where you can make a bracket of sort so fix the prob, but either than that I haven't found any other good fix for this prob on the forum yet. Will link it if i find them.

In Canada, Cat Con alone is about $800+ to fix.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.