Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this code for over a month now and I don't know what it is I'm on my third gas cap, changed the purge valve solenoid, changed the purge thing by the gas tank, I'm about to change the charcoal canister to see if that works if it doesn't I think it's got to be the lines. It's a small leak I don't lose much gas when I first got the code the gas mileage was horrible but after changing the purge valve solenoid and no change I replace the one by the tank and put in a fuel additive(gumout fuel cleaner) and that seemed to help because the code went away for 3 or 4 days and I get better fuel mileage but nothing resolved the situation cause the lights still on. Any ideas or know what else can trip this code?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking that but idk how to smoke test I heard of someone taking a cigarette or cigar and blowing smoke thru but I thought they were cappin and also I ain't tryna pay a shop to do it. But is there a way to do it at home with something

·
Registered
07 GS 5spd (still working on it)
25 Posts
I had a similar code, I think it was PO446. I replaced gas cap then purge valve under the hood with no success. Then narrowed it down to the valve on the charcoal canister which is no longer made. So i got the whole canister from the junk yard to take the valve off of. When I went to install it on my canister, I noticed the problem...a cracked wire on the valve. So I fixed it by repairing the connection and it's been good ever since. Not sure if that helps ya, but worth taking a look at.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info, i did that order to, when i replaced the charcoal canister and othe purge valve by the tank i did notice the line from the canister a lookin funny. i think thats what it is cause i did everything else but what really confused me is how it turned off by it self the other day when i started the carit was like 3 days ago

1 - 7 of 7 Posts