Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Crzymoe 
#1 ·
Good Morning everyone. Last year I purchased a 2006 Eclipse. The SES light was on when I purchased it. I am pretty handy at rebuilding things so I figured I can find out what the light wants, fix it, then make the light go away.

I am getting a P0603 Keep Alive Memory error. I have tried many times to go through the tearstone links but for some reason I error out each time and cannot open it. I understand through other google searches that this happens when your CPU has been altered from stock. My car is totally stock, no fancy turbo or anything. Is there a way to reset the CPU back to stock?

Thanks.

#2 · (Edited)
P0603* EEPROM malfunction Page 13A-834
NOTE: Do not replace the engine control module (ECM) <M/T> or the powertrain control module (PCM)
<A/T> until a through terminal check reveals there are no short/open circuits.
NOTE: Check that the ECM <M/T> or the PCM <A/T> ground circuit is normal before checking for the cause
of the problem.
NOTE: After the ECM <M/T> or the PCM <A/T> detects a malfunction, a diagnostic trouble code is recorded
the next time the engine is started and the same malfunction is re-detected. However, for items marked with a
"*", the diagnostic trouble code is recorded on the first detection of the malfunction.

Basically your ECM/PCM has a Failure. You may have a bent pin in a connector, an open/short circuit, ground problem, check for other DTC's.

This diagram might help in t-shooting the ecu:
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/4g/tech/4gv6-ecuwiring.htm

#3 ·
#4 ·
In the 13A group there is a broken link, there are five-books in the 13A Group, so you can only read the first book. The work around for this is to down-load the Factory Service Manual to your computer (look at the top of the site for the download). Once you un-zip the files to a location, you can go there and open any fill. The 13A file you are looking for is the forth file out of five.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.