Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I recently bought a 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse Gs, the previous owner swapped the tail lights out for led ones, when I took it for an inspection the technician informed me that there was an error with the breaks that triggered a P1769 code, and that it would prevent over drive from working. Any thoughts on how to fix? Ty!

·
Super Moderator
405 Posts
I have installed LED light bulbs in all of my lights on my vehicle and this hasn't happened. I'm unsure if the LED tail lights are aftermarket or if you're talking about just the bulbs. Our cars don't have 'overdrive', unless that's basically our MIVEC. I don't have issues with my car and MIVEC after swapping out LED bulbs into my OEM housing.

Also, isn't a P1769 code an A/C code? LOL

@Sabertooth^2 and @pcfreak4 would have a ton more information on this.

·
Premium Member
2,895 Posts
Not seeing a P1769 in the 2.4 or 3.8 ECU code list, which module is throwing that code?

And yeah, aftermarket tail lights can cause codes, due to wrong resistance of the LEDs rather than the stock bulb housing freaking out the cruise control system (monitoring the break lights coming out as a cruise control cancel command)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hm, the technician I took it too, says that it’s being told that the brakes are always being pressed even when not actually being pressed, but it doesn’t affect the brake lights? My blinkers also blink really fucking fast so I’m not sure.

·
Premium Member
2,895 Posts
Hm, the technician I took it too, says that it’s being told that the brakes are always being pressed even when not actually being pressed, but it doesn’t affect the brake lights? My blinkers also blink really fucking fast so I’m not sure.
Yeah because the bulbs in the aftermarket tail lights are the wrong resistance
You can see with a scan tool if it thinks the brakes are on or not, I assume that’s what he was looking at
I assume your cruise control doesn’t work?

·
Super Moderator
405 Posts
I assume your cruise control doesn’t work?
It does not
It does not what?
You need to buy LED Resistors from many of the LED Bulb retailers. I got mine from SuperBrightLED and they work wonders, but you can also pick them up at Autozone (I had to do this because I didn't realize I needed 2 sets (4 total) they're super cheap). Wiring is super easy and simple to do and these resistors will 100% fix all your troubles with your LED tail lights.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You need to buy LED Resistors from many of the LED Bulb retailers. I got mine from SuperBrightLED and they work wonders, but you can also pick them up at Autozone (I had to do this because I didn't realize I needed 2 sets (4 total) they're super cheap). Wiring is super easy and simple to do and these resistors will 100% fix all your troubles with your LED tail lights.

Is it like a wire screw in setup or do I need to sawder them in (spelled wrong Ik.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts