Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I’m new to posting here, but I’m in the middle of changing out my park brake shoes for new ones because the old ones are wore out. I also got new hubs because they needed to be changed as well, I’ve attached a few pictures as it won’t let me attach a video of it turning, of what seems to be the problem. In words though the set spring nail or cap is hitting the hub while moving it. No idea what to do at this point as I’ve tried the old hub adjusting the park brake shoe and rebuilding it. Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
107 Posts
I ran into the same problem recently.
The easy fix is put a washer on the other side of the pin that will give you more clearance and the studs won't hit it...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ran into the same problem recently.
The easy fix is put a washer on the other side of the pin that will give you more clearance and the studs won't hit it...
how big of a washer did you put in, I tried that but couldn’t get it to stay on, thank you though will try again tomorrow

·
Registered
107 Posts
You can find any washer that the pin goes through but it has to be big enough to hold the head of the pin back.. the key is a thin washer not too thick..your goal is to shorten the length of the pin but not too short so it won’t compress the spring too much..I borrow the removal tool kit from the local part store and it makes the job a lot easier ....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tried to shorten the nail enough to get it to clear and it still hit some how, any other suggestions?

·
Registered
107 Posts
If you got it clear, check the brake shield.. you can only hear the dragging after you hit the brake right? rotate the brake rotor around and find out where it hit the brake shield then use a fry bar to straighten it out...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Car is still on jack stands right now, can’t get it enough clearance to make it where it won’t hit on rotation, gonna find a way to bring the hub out a little so it won’t hit on Monday

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay so I found out the problem by looking at the right place at the right time. Was tightening bolts under the car and threw the corner of my eye I noticed that the backing plate was bent ever so slightly outward’s bring the parking brake shoe out causing it to rub. After some persuasion i got it to bend back in and now have no rub. What a process this has been, thank you to those who helped.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts