Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Just Learning
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been working on a 2007 GS Spyder with a few just annoying problems.
One is the passenger heated seat is stuck on. Drivers side works fine. We also have the passenger seat airbag light on.

Any suggestions? I assume it's not a fuse with it being stuck on.

Thanks for any tips

Bob

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2006+2007 GT
6,054 Posts
Step 1, take an ohmeter to the switch, see if the switch is always no resistance, or super low. It should have no current flow when switched to off

If it is working proper, the next step is to start isolating circuits to find where your short is. It's also possible someone jammed something under the seat and magically cut an airbag related wire and seat heater wire, and they're completing the seat heater circuit, but unlikely. It's worth checking the wires under the seat none the less

·
Just Learning
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sabertooth, you got me poking around. The dash switch light I can see now is very dimly lit. You have to do the cupping your hands around it to see it. The switch will not turn off the switch indicator light so I'm assuming the seat is not turning off either.

I pulled #7 fuse out of the engine compartment fuse block that is marked as heated seat and now the dash switch light no longer comes on. Temporary problem solved in the Florida summer time. Trying to teach my daughter some responsibility so I'm going to leave it up to her if she wants to buy a new switch or decide a take of gas is worth more to her.

Now on to the passenger side airbag. Stay list with somebody in the seat or not in the seat. I'm thinking tomorrow I will see how big of a challenge it is to pull out the passenger seat for a turn over and good look. They seem very close to floor plan for any type of diagnostic work for these old man eyes.

Thanks again

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts