101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Older gaming pc.

•ASRock mobo
•AMD Phenom ii X4 cpu
•G.Skill 8 gigs ram
•Gigabyte gts 250 video card
(Needs case, psu and hard drive)

It runs almost all games up to directx 10. There's a YouTube video of that same processor running GTA V with and upgraded card, so I'm not exactly sure what it can do with a better card. Looking to get $150 obo shipped or possible trades for car audio. Thanks.

·
Gamer
211 Posts
The even with a top of the line video card the cpu will max out. And that leads to game spikes and low frames per second. I have a GTX 980 FTW 4gb and cpu FX8350 over clocked to 4.7 Ghz and and I sometimes get game spikes and low frames in parts of the game if there's alot going on in the game as far as moving objects
----------
But for the price this computer will out perform a brand new $300 laptop

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it a single ram stick? And if so, what frequency and voltage. Looking for 1866mhz 1.35v 8gb stick

No, it's four 2 gig sticks. DDR3 1600 1.5V. I built this thing like five years ago. I was going to use it for a dedicated emulator build. I might still do something with it if no one wants it. The wife would prefer if I got rid of it lol. I am open to trades.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You could maybe turn it into an HTPC for streaming and movies and such, especially with all this net neutrality shit you best start downloading movies and shows now! Could also load emulators on it as well obviously.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone? It would make a decent pc, it's still faster than most laptops in roughly the $300-500 price range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It would be good for a home office computer, or movie viewer. If you can change a spark plug you're over qualified for assembling a desktop computer, if that's anyone's concern

Yea, people seem to worry about messing something up more than they should lol. I've built like six so far no issues.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anyone? I'll leave it up for like another week. If there aren't any takers I'm going to build something with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2006+2007 GT
6,295 Posts
Build it into the Eclipse. I took a raspberry pi, and made up some drivers to power a touchscreen display some time ago. I couldn't figure out where to mount it though. Thoughts?

I have a double din faceplate that it sat nice in, but without a pinout diagram for the radio wasn't sure how to jump it to go into auxiliary mode. Otherwise the steering wheel controls would have been sufficient

A desktop computer would definitely be powerful enough for whatever needs you have. One of my thoughts was on the go tuning, while having all the capabilities of a home computer still. You could tether to your phone over wifi, and have data too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts