Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Just Learning
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I recently installed an Audiopipe AP-BTM-1200 Bluetooth adaptor in my '07 Eclipse Spyder. I had already tapped into the wiring connector to hook up RCA AUX cords and that worked great except I got tired of fighting the cord going to my phone so decided to try Bluetooth.
Simple install and afterwards my phone connects to the Audiopipe fine but now my radio is silenced and the PHONE indicator is displayed on the screen. I can't go to AUX, AM/FM or anything. I removed the fuse to the Audiopipe but that did not help.

Any suggestions on how to get the radio out of PHONE mode?

Thanks

·
Just Learning
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$14 off Amazon: Factory Radio Stereo Auxiliary Aux 3.5mm MP3 Audio Input Adapter Cable Fits Mitsubishi 2003-2012 (Lancer, Eclipse, Galant, Endeavor, Outlander, Grandis, Lancer Evolution, Triton, Spyder). Instructions included said what pins to plug into on the factory radio plug. That worked great except for the aggravation of the cord tethered so I was trying to step up the game a little and figured the RCA inputs are confirmed working so the radio wouldn't care if the signal coming through the RCA was Bluetooth or hard wired.

·
2,297 Posts
Looks to me like it just has 3 wires, 2 of which are your battery wires (+ and ground) and then a turn on wire, which is just a positive wire that comes on when you turn the key on, technically you could hook that up with the normal + and it would work, but the device would never shut off even when you turn your car off and would drain the battery
Then it just has 2 RCA output jacks, which takes the signal its receiving over BT from your phone and pumps it OUT of these RCA jacks, and I assume you plug that into an aftermarket amp, (or maybe if you have a headunit with some sort of weird RCA-IN?) idk

This device is definitely not built to be plug and play with our car, or any car, (or even used in a car?, it's essentially a headunit bypass into an aftermarket amp); especially so if you have the factory RF system in our car like all the Spyders do, which complicates things already

Take this thing out, it's basically a headunit BYPASS, AND it's not designed to be used with our car so idk why you got sold on Amazon as it being specific to those vehicles, so get a MITO-01, hook up an aftermarket headunit with BT to the MITO-01 harness.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts