Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one else have an issue with their gauges not running correctly. Running oil temp on top pressure on bottom.

The pic is when the eclipse is fully warmed up.

40 is the lowest for oil temp and 150 is the highest for preasure. They will switch off every once in a while but will go back to their min and max.

I think it might be from the routing of the signal wire. I have it ziptied onto the power cable comming from the alternator then up to the the injector rail to cross over the engine. Im thinking it mught be the magnetic flux off the alt and its wire causing the signals to not be read correctly.

Any ideas. I have an oil change comming up ao i might re route the wireing to see if it works.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2006+2007 GT
5,955 Posts
I ran mine along the firewall then into the cabin through the fender area grommet. No issues ever.

Your problem looks like the gauge sensors can't get a good ground (without a ground they'll just output input voltage, which will usually max a gauge out). If you use an oil filter sandwich plate, run a ground wire from it to the chassis. If the car is turned off, you shouldn't have noise from the alternator output. So if they read right car off, there it is. But if it's grounding, you'll sometimes get a ground, sometimes won't. And it'll be while driving it sometimes works

·
Registered
460 Posts
I concur with James.

Get yourself one of these sandwich plates 2006+ Eclipse GlowShift Oil Filter Sandwich Adapter Sport Compact Auto & Import Performance Superstore

and hook your gauge to it. Good ground, solid power feed, new oil change with filter and you good to go! There's no way you should be running 150 oil psi. I have a GT and after fully warmed and driving for 5 minutes, when popped into neutral I'm sitting at 28psi.

I know telling you what to do isn't much help but I hope your problem is resolver fairly easy. Best of luck!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The red wire there is my oil pressure signal wire and then the black wire on the left is my oil temperature signal wire and that that should black wire they are zip tied to is the stock oil pressure sensor

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts