Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my big Christmas gift yesterday, the Pioneer AVH-X5800bhs. I had to wait a couple days to start because I didn't realize I needed the Mito-01 as well, luckily research turned that fact up before I tried anything. The installation went eerily smooth considering this is my first time trying car audio stuff. I soldered and shrink wrapped the harness according to the instructions on the Mito-01 and it worked on the first try. I haven't completely buttoned everything up, still need to wrap/clean up the harness and install the microphone and parking brake bypass but it is already a huge improvement. Added bonus the RF speakers sound a lot better, I am going to replace them eventually but I am not complaining presently.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Around $400 - $450 all said and done, that's the HU, the dash kit. the Mito-01 and the bypass.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm also going to super glue that ring around the head unit so it sits flush and doesn't jiggle, if I had it to do again I would use the Scosche kit and not the Metra, I hear they are better.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Soldering is super easy, the hardest part was figuring out what the Mito instructions were calling the different harnesses, which was still fairly easy. From there it was a matter of matching colors. I even used the stock radio braces and it was a direct match. Granted I have been known to have a fair bit of dumb luck over the years but this was 2 hour job and now I am not so shy about getting in there. The worst that could happen is you have to pay someone for an install you were already going to pay for, or you blow something up :p

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Soldering is super easy, the hardest part was figuring out what the Mito instructions were calling the different harnesses, which was still fairly easy. From there it was a matter of matching colors. I even used the stock radio braces and it was a direct match. Granted I have been known to have a fair bit of dumb luck over the years but this was 2 hour job and now I am not so shy about getting in there. The worst that could happen is you have to pay someone for an install you were already going to pay for, or you blow something up :p
Thats a fair point! Hopefully I don't blow anything up... but I've got to learn some day. Does the screen on that have bad sun glare?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered the same radio for my eclipse. The car harness didn't have a ground wire, so I'm wondering about the bypass. Did you just connect your bypass ground wire to the radio's ground wire that you have connected to a chassis bolt (basically tapping into the radio's ground)? Or just connect it directly to the same metal chassis ground bolt?

Just want to double check that something like this works since the instructions on the packet call for connecting to the radio ground...and a car harness ground that we don't seem to have.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts