Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  AzRain 
#1 ·
Hi all,
I have 2012 GS, and this morning my service engine light came on. Took it to Auto Zone and they told me that it's a 404 code and sold me a new fuel cap that i supposedly needed since mine was lose. We just cleared the code by disconnecting the battery, but i won't know if SES light will pop back on until later today, when i drive the car again. For the past month it has been little rough on idle but not consistently, just from time to time.
I have no mods yet, besides the alloy fuel door which i installed two months ago. I purchased car back in december of 2013, it was completely problem free until now. Actually, in all honesty it's still problem free, besides the light. It has 44 k miles.
Any suggestions? My daily commute is over 40 miles, i am not too happy about driving it with SES light on.

#5 ·
Yeah they did, but i knew gas cap was broken. I remember this code for being an EGR fault back when i had Pontiac Grand Prix. We drove car whole day yesterday and SES light didn't come back on after we replaced the cap, so who knows...I'll keep an eye on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.