Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just found this place because I bought some headers & an exhaust the header was from ebay the name is: FOR 06-12 4G MIT ECLIPSE 4CYL 4G69 4-1 STAINLESS RACING HEADER EXHAUST MANIFOLD it is sold by speed_daddy

The exhaust from carid: Torxe™ - Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust System with Single Rear Exit

I got my packages today and both of them are from DNA Motoring. Now on here I found nothing bad about the exhaust (even tho its from dna and not torxe? I thought it should be torxe so I don;t understand that) but it seems like the headers are not good at all and I shouldn't keep them those posts were a bit old so maybe they have changed them. Any help would be great thank you.

·
Basically Stock
5,827 Posts
The manifold is trash, won't work, and CarID doesn't have any interest in stopping selling them or trying to get the design fixed. Return them, it's a defective item, refuse to pay return shipping. Make the seller do it

Torxe, DNA Motoring, Speed Daddy, it's all the same stuff from China and the design is wrong, and quality is shit. If you can weld, you may be able to make it work. I say "may" because people have had the pipes blow out on them

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think there is any chance they have updated the design of them last post i saw about them was awhile ago. I will post pictures of mine when i get off of work.

·
Basically Stock
5,827 Posts
Still no O2 bung on cylinder 1. Still will cause engine damage over time and won't run right.

You can weld a bung into the 1st runner (passenger side pipe) while it's off and hope for the best. But it's still thin metal and a poor design for drivability (the exhaust hangs too low, so it'll often scrape the flex pipe)

Hold CarID responsible for selling you a trash item that doesn't work on the car though. Either get them to pay for the bung install, or return it and buy a header that works (OBX or RRE are both good, OBX isn't a bolt on, to my understanding)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts