Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased an 09 eclipse GT and it comes with the anti-theft protection.

the only key that I have that starts the car does not have a wireless transmitter with it. So I cannot unlock and lock the car with the key.

I can lock the car but when I get back into the car the alarm goes off and I have to stick the key into the ignition and turn to the on position. the alarm will stop and the car will crank when I go to turn the key.

my question is how do I get another key that will be able to lock and unlock the car?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I purchased an 09 eclipse GT and it comes with the anti-theft protection.

the only key that I have that starts the car does not have a wireless transmitter with it. So I cannot unlock and lock the car with the key.

I can lock the car but when I get back into the car the alarm goes off and I have to stick the key into the ignition and turn to the on position. the alarm will stop and the car will crank when I go to turn the key.

my question is how do I get another key that will be able to lock and unlock the car?

Can I see a pic of your key please?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Here is a pic of key
Thank you.

you might be able to get a key from amazon/ebay with the keyless entry part in it. (think there like $50, another member said they got one for like $20)

Then program it yourself using the paper clip method posted here in the club.

That key you have must have the transponder chip in it. Your just missing the keyless entry/alarm part.

·
2,691 Posts
The paper clip method only programs the keyless entry fob btw, not the immobilize chip to start the car

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
The paper clip method only programs the keyless entry fob btw, not the immobilize chip to start the car
Correct!

His key already has the chip in it that is programmed for his car. Thats why he can start it. ( so no need to have that reprogrammed )

Hes missing the keyless entry part, that will let him lock and unlock the car after he programs it to his car using the paper clip method.

·
2,691 Posts
That’s good because the immobilizer part is the hardest

Yes the paper clip method will allow fobs (and internal fobs inside keys) to be programmed, and will clear all previously learned fobs

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just to get this clear in my own head (because I'm going through the same thing - these keys are crap)......and I'm now using a non-fob key a locksmith made and programmed for me.

There are two parts to the original key:

1. The immobilizer chip which allows the car to start. This is a near-field RFID chip that is not powered by the battery.

2. The fob part for the remote lock/unlock which is powered by the battery.

Is this correct?

Question then: When I short out the terminals 1 & 4 using the paper clip method referenced above, I am ONLY resetting the car for the fob (doors) and NOT the immobilizer?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Just to get this clear in my own head (because I'm going through the same thing - these keys are crap)......and I'm now using a non-fob key a locksmith made and programmed for me.

There are two parts to the original key:

1. The immobilizer chip which allows the car to start. This is a near-field RFID chip that is not powered by the battery.

2. The fob part for the remote lock/unlock which is powered by the battery.

Is this correct?

Question then: When I short out the terminals 1 & 4 using the paper clip method referenced above, I am ONLY resetting the car for the fob (doors) and NOT the immobilizer?
Correct.

Ours are technically 1 part/key, but yes, theres actually 2 parts that do seperate things inside it. Ones for the doors and ones for the chip/immobilizer. both need to be programmed seperately. the chip a dealer would have to program, or someone with the programming tool. the keyless entry/doors you can do with the paperclip method.

Our oem chip is actually ON the keyless entry circuit board, so if you had a OEM key, you would have the keyless entry buttons/alarm/panic.
(I have pics of the circuit board and chip in here somewhere)

Our chip is a = Phillips 46 transponder chip

Here is 2 keys for 2008-2012 --- NOT FOR 2006-2007!!! If you have a 06-07 you need a RIGHT groove blade, these are left groove blades)
https://carkeysexpress.com/store/keys-and-remotes/Mitsubishi/Eclipse/2008

one is our OEM blade and transmitter(keyless entry) AND phillips 46 transponder (to satisfy the cars immobilizer )
and the other is just the blade and transponder. ( to satisfy the cars immobilizer )
That 2nd one is the one in this thread. The same one OP is useing.

OP NEEDS that oem key to be able to get the keyless entry/alarm to communicate with the car. In other words, he needs the transmitter. (he already has the transponder and its programmed cause he can start his car.)

Also, so everyones not confused, the immobilizer is actually IN the CAR.
The transponder is IN the KEY and it transmits signal to the cars immobilizer to allow the car to start.

The keyless entry transmits signal to the car as well but there 2 different things.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
blazing4g and Basmanisme, the keys you guys are using DO NOT have batterys in them. So Basmanisme you are correct.

your chip/transponder is inside that black plastic head of the key you guys have. For other car keys I make I have to cut the chips out of the rubber/plastic head. I have done a couple Nissans that way. If yours is plastic, it should pop open and you can see the chip/transponder. If its rubber, youd have to cut it out, but you do NOT need to. I do for other car brands to get the chip to put into flip keys for other cars.

I can show you chips and keyless entry transmitters for other cars if you need. I have a bunch for Nissans,VW,Mazda and Ford so far.

For example-- for some Nissans and Fords depending on year and model, the OEM key has a key with transponder and a seperate keyless entry fob. (so you have 2 plastic things on your keychain, the key and then the keyless entry fob)
I take the oem chip out of the key (no battery) and put it into a flip key that has new keyless entry fob with battery built into the flip key. so now its all in 1 and it flips open. Its already programmed cause I stole the chip from the OEM key. : )

Also, Basmanisme, you have a 06 so let me know if you need help getting the correct key for your car.
The link I posted above is for 08-2012, ment for OP.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
also, if you guys get the oem key, you could have it programmed to start your car too, if you want to pay someone to program the chip.

If you dont want to pay to have it programmed, just program the keyless entry part yourself, then get a flip key from me or online and put it into the flip key along with your chip thats already programmed.
(pop open the plastic head of the key you guys have, pop the chip out, its prob glued in and super glue it into the head of the flip key. I'll show you where to put it if you need help, just ask here or PM me.)

Like I do with other brand car keys.

Then youd have a all in 1 flip key.

You wont have room inside the OEM key to glue the chip in, so youd have to either get it programmed or get a flip key cause it has a little spot where you can glue in a chip if needed.

·
2,691 Posts
Also, an ECU reflash/tune can turn off your cars immobilizer requirement, which will allow the car to start without needing a programmed key

1 - 16 of 16 Posts