Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

Question About Wheels Swap & Spacer!!!

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  KoshaC4 
#1 ·
Hi Guys

I have had my 09 GT now for more than 6 months and after i finished the maintenance and paint job finally due to a shitty previous owner am looking now to change the wheels for something bigger and wider
So i have 3 questions!!!

1- What is the biggest numbers i can go with in 19 and 20 inch wheels if my car is stock without the needs to trim or do any mods !?

2- What are the biggest i can go with 19 and 20 inch if i lowered around 1.5 inch without the needs to trim or do any mods!???

I want to go with low profile tires like 275-295/35

3- If i want to put 20cm spacer on in the back would it be ok with the sizes that i have mentioned in the last questions!?

Really need ur help and appreciate your answers in advance
Thanks

#2 ·
Rim size doesn't matter for fitting, it's the overall diameter that does. As rim size rises, sidewall must drop.

Max width will depend on your offset. Lower or negative offset will allow for the widest tire, eg, it you wanted to run a 385mm wide for example, you could as you wouldn't have to worry about strut perch or fenders. Stock height doesn't have fender issues. 285mm has worked on +38 offset however with a 2.5" drop

3: spacers push it out like negative offset. Same story as above.

If you're shooting for performance, 19 and 20" rims aren't the answer. If you just want big rims and too much tire (that will make you slower), stay the course.

#3 ·
Thanks for ur reply
I Lost u there!:eek:
So maybe i did not clear that
am not kind of a racer who wants every ounce of performance but i want the car looks good and run not that bad as by all means it's a FWD so i have a Camaro for that if i will do performance mods
So atm am looking for the swag more but not like crazy stuff and keeping it pretty
so what would be a good offset for 19 or 20
and what if i lowered it like 1.5 to 2 inches?

#8 ·
20 inch wheels will ride like crap and look ghetto af and probably not even work

19 is bad enough and will probably scrape even with thin tires

U need to use a tire size circumference rotations per mile calculator to try to match up the total circumference of the wheel and tire so u don’t mess up your speedometer

#9 ·
I had 20's on mine and they are awesome, fit perfect for the vehicle and with the right match of coils and dampening are a dream! I had 20x10+25 on the front and 20x11+35 on the rear, The rear i did had to modify the wheel well and shave the fenders for it to fit, the front no modifications were done other than coils, which are much thinner that stock springs which im sure helped clearance.

If i were to do it again 20x10+25 all the way around would b a nice square setup. Probobaly gonna need coils too, so with wheels, tires, and suspension id plan on spending 3-4k! We can help you with coils and wheels as we carry all major brands of coils for teh 4g and we carry cosmis wheels which are amazing for hte 4g!

Check us out!

www.autocityimports.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.