Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so i need to replace mine, but have a couple of questions where to get one.

Checked multiple places and they don't have one like all the chain stores, rock auto and summit.

Would the energy suspension motor mount bushing fit on the transmission mount or is that a different fit? If not, does anyone know where to buy a fresh transmission mount? It's on driver side next to the battery. Basically all the rubber is about to fall out. It's in bad shape.

It's for a 2006 v6 gt model. Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well guessing i kinda found the solution to my problem. Correct me if im wrong.

Im going to have to be lucky enough to find a decent one in a junk yard or buy a OEM one from a mitsu parts store which is around 90-110$ for the trans mount?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I don't believe there is an aftermarket option for the tranny mount (correct me if I'm wrong), but if you want to do the motor mounts & subframe, Energy Suspension has what you're looking for

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah its basically just the tranny mount that is bad. Pretty much all the rubber is gone. Engine jerks bad.

I've tried many sites, like Mitsubishi warehouse and the other Mitsubishi parts direct site, they both stopped selling the one i need. But still sell the one for automatics. Running out of options.

Was hoping not to buy a used one from ebay, but maybe my only option? Or pay a ton for someone to rebuild it?

Living in the houston area and all the junkyards dont have what i need.

So the bushings in energy suspension don't fit the trans mount? That sucks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did find a automatic v6 2007 eclipse at a junkyard. Obviously the actual mount wouldn't fit mine but if i were able to take out the rubber bushing inside, you think that would fit mine? Are the bushings the same size between standard and automatic trans mounts?

Going there tomorrow and going to see if i can get it out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts