Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! So I recently started to tune myself using Fastworks on my laptop. Up until now I've been on Hackish' tunes he sent me with maybe small changes but am finally diving into ignition timing and fuel. Also change mivec to 3200 which I love.

Anyways, I need a wide band but dont want to fork over the $100+ for the kits that APSX and AEM have.

I am experienced in automotive electronics and so far have a very basic kit im thinking of putting together but wanted to see what you all think before I buy a non-standard wideband sensor and start hacking away at wiring.

These are the parts I've put together in my head:

APSX D1 Controller board
MOTORCRAFT DY1353 (5-wire wideband sensor from 2018 mustang)
Serial To USB (just using datalogging on Fastworks.)

Will this work?
What are the chances that a wideband oxygen sensor from a mustang will be different than the Bosch ones that are usually included in the kits?

Altogether Id be spending around $80 for this setup. Thoughts?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
From the info I've gathered about other wideband sensors, newer OEM may be LSU 4.9 rather than the LSU 4.2 that AEM and such companies use. Is the LSU 4.9 a replacement for the 4.2 or is it a completely different voltage range? If it happens to be the same voltage range my take on this is that it would actually be faster at reading than the older LSU 4.2 sensor.

Anyone?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts