Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'd gotten my 06 eclipse, and it has the Rockford fosgate sound system, but it had this weird issue where you'll be driving and it would random turn the volume all the way up and blare music, even if the radio was turned off, it'd turn itself on and start blasting.
I went and replaced the headunit with a BOSS audio touch screen I got on Amazon, using a Mito-01 adapter harness to keep the amp and everything stock. But for some reason the front right speaker didn't work. I'd ignored this issue for a bit, but then eventually the left front speaker went out as well. I've checked the connections.I've soldered and taped up all the wires to the correct colors, and any unused wires such as swc have their ends taped up.
So my question is if anyone could have an idea as to why it's not working. I checked fuses, they look fine, and show resistance on a multimeter in ohms setting. Could it be the amp blew or something? Just wanting to hear some opinions before I have to start taking things apart.

·
2,869 Posts
I think your stock radio speed changing volume is actually a feature of some of the fancier stock radios in these cars, it was an advertised feature by Mitsubishi, a lot of newer cars do it

It’d be nice to have because as u speed up the volume increases and as u slow down or come to a stop it decreases automatically, to account for road and wind noise

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The thing about it was that it wouldn't change with speed, it'd just randomly wether moving or not turn the volume all the way up, to deafening levels. Now it's a aftermarket radio, and front speakers don't work.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The harness is for hooking to an after market radio, so it can't connect to the stock radio, as far as the amp, it did work before, I guess I could try plugging the old radio In and see if the front speakers make any noise, so I guess I'll update when I get that tested.

·
Super Moderator
346 Posts
By the way, you can turn this feature off by holding one of the buttons, idk which one. I had issues with it for awhile before I figured out what it was. I think it's the right knob. If you have an aftermarket stereo now with issues, it could be a ton of different issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts