Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
winning!
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, im new to the site, and I hope this is where i should post... I just installed an aftermarket deck in my 2006 Eclipse GS. It had the Rockford Fosgate system. I used the annex dash kit/wire harness..

Here are the issues... I wired everything exactly how it said I was supposed to in a thread you guys had on here. BUT.. I do have 2 issues...

1. Steering controls dont work.
2. Front speakers dont work... (only rear and subwoofer work)

Any ideas or help?

Thanks, Dakota

·
See ya losers delete acct
326 Posts
you need a MITO-01 to fix the speakers and display, then depending on the new deck it may have the option for hooking up a cable you buy extra from the manufacturer for the steering wheel controls, if it does not then you might be able to use a different product I just don't remember the name. Search the board the answer is on here as it's all been asked many many times.

·
winning!
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you need a MITO-01 to fix the speakers and display, then depending on the new deck it may have the option for hooking up a cable you buy extra from the manufacturer for the steering wheel controls, if it does not then you might be able to use a different product I just don't remember the name. Search the board the answer is on here as it's all been asked many many times.
Well I bought the car and it already had a Kenwood deck in it, but I wanted to replace it with a newer deck...

Sooo it already has the MITO-01(annex) wire harness...
It says "My Eclipse" on the dash, and it has power to the rear speakers and the subwoofer.. Yet the front door speakers and dash tweeters dont play....

Any ideas?

·
I love To Drift
7,505 Posts
Check your stero's ground ( not the mito) and both positive and negative of those speakers. Other than that I'm not sure. My mito has been a pain.

·
winning!
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check your stero's ground ( not the mito) and both positive and negative of those speakers. Other than that I'm not sure. My mito has been a pain.
Stereo ground meaning the 3 black wires connected? or...?

And ill have to check the speaker wires...
The Kenwood that was in it, had like 4 jacks plugged into it.. I tried plugging them into my new deck and it didnt make a difference..

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Steering wheel controls won't work without an interface. As far as the speakers go, u said the old one had more RCAs on it? Possible the previous owner had an aftermarket amp connected to the front speakers. Check the trunk for wiring and see what's In there. The front tweeters aren't amplified stock so something's been changed.

·
winning!
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Steering wheel controls won't work without an interface. As far as the speakers go, u said the old one had more RCAs on it? Possible the previous owner had an aftermarket amp connected to the front speakers. Check the trunk for wiring and see what's In there. The front tweeters aren't amplified stock so something's been changed.
It has the Axxex interface harness along with a little harness for the wheel controls. Everything worked with the older Kenwood.

The older Kenwood had 6 RCA's on the back. But my new one only has 4.

The car is wired for aftermarket subs, but nothing seems to be hooked up.. Yet only the RF sub and rear seat speakers play.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
The steering wheel controls will need to be programmed to the new deck then(each brand of stereo requires different programming). Does it have a model number on it? I'm sure I could get u the programming instructions for it. As far as the RCAs go that we're on the old kenwood were 2 sets from the mito and then 1 set aftermarket? If u get a chance to snap a picture of behind the stereo that'd make it a bit easier to help figure out.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Well you would need 3 sets of RCA preouts. 2 for the aftermarket sub/amp 2 for the rear speakers and 2 for the front speakers. The stock sub is driven off the rear RCA preouts and the door speakers are driven off the front preouts. The tweeters and the rear speakers are powered off the actual head unit.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Here you go this is the instructions for the RCA harness.

·
winning!
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I hooked up the RCA's just like it says and nothing.. do i need a headunit with 3 RCA's? Im not running aftermarket subs..

Only the rear speakers and sub work, weather the RCA's are hooked up or not

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
I still think the fronts are disconnected and wired to something else. Is there a random remote wire behind the deck somewhere that isn't hooked up?

·
winning!
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, but it runs to the trunk.
Is it because my deck only has 2 sets of rca's?
Ill get pics up tonight after work 3am.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So, im new to the site, and I hope this is where i should post... I just installed an aftermarket deck in my 2006 Eclipse GS. It had the Rockford Fosgate system. I used the annex dash kit/wire harness..

Here are the issues... I wired everything exactly how it said I was supposed to in a thread you guys had on here. BUT.. I do have 2 issues...

1. Steering controls dont work.
2. Front speakers dont work... (only rear and subwoofer work)

Any ideas or help?

Thanks, Dakota
I'm having the exact same problem with my 09 eclipse did you ever find out what the problem was

1 - 20 of 20 Posts